The Dead

by Ingrid Black | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 075530702x Global Overview for this book
Registered by garibaldisghost of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 6/20/2006
Journal Entry 1 by garibaldisghost from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 20, 2006
'It's five years since Ed Fagan disappeared, and since then nothing has been heard from the serial killer known as the Night Hunter. Until now.

A Dublin newspaper has received a chilling letter claiming to be from Fagan that promises a new reign of terror. But it's not until the body of prostitute Mary Lynch is found that the police become convinced the Night Hunter has returned.

Saxon, a former FBI agent, was writing a book about Fagan when he disappeared. She is absolutely certain he can't be responsible this time. So while Dectective Chief Superintendent Grace Fitzgerald and her team sniff at a cold trail, Saxon has to convince them to look beyond the obvious.

But Saxon is running out of time...'

Released 14 yrs ago (7/23/2007 UTC) at RABCK to fellow Bookcrossing member in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I'm sending this out to the lucky winner of the July Happy Day in the UK RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by jacksmum2004 from Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 24, 2007
WOW, thanks for this, this book looks good!

Thanks again!

Journal Entry 4 by jacksmum2004 from Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2008
Well, I have finally finished this one. One less on my TBR pile.

I was actually suprised by this book, I like this genre of book, and have my favourite authers, but I had never heard of Ingrid Black before. But I really enjoyed the book.

There were no overly predicable moments, and I felt I really got to know the 'narrator'.

The last few chapters are where the action takes place though, as in many books. You suspect everyone in the final scenes, but I was wrong. I really didn't see the 'baddie' coming! That was a suprise. I think I suspected everyone else BUT this person.

Anyway, all in all, a good book, and I will look out for more from this auther in the future. (The distant future as I have way too many books still to read! LOL)

On it's way now to Yorkshire-lass.

Will be posted on to another BXer, via Postman Pat, on Monday 21st Jan, if not before. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, January 24, 2008
Thanks so much for the book jacksmum2004, it looks very interesting. I will read it as soon as I can get round to it, I have a few rings that will have to be read first though.

Journal Entry 7 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I really enjoyed this book,and like jacksmum2004 I had not heard of the author before but I will keep an eye open foor more by her.Thanks again jacksmum2004.

Journal Entry 8 by TheDunedan from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 9, 2008
Thank you for this RABCK which arrived this morning. I am looking forward to reading it - looks like the type of book I usually enjoy. Thank you also for the bookmark and postcard , they were a nice and thoughtful addition to the package.

Journal Entry 9 by TheDunedan from Lincoln, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 29, 2008
I finished this book this afternoon. I really enjoyed it and will look out for the chance to read more by this author featuring the main character.I kept changing my suspect as I read the book and so found it a good and unpredictable read.Thanks again yorkshire-lass for the RABCK.I will pass the book on again sometime in the future but will pass it on to my mum to read firrst as I think she will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 10 by TheDunedan at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 8, 2009

Released 13 yrs ago (5/11/2009 UTC) at Book Box, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I am including this book in my first bookbox.

Journal Entry 11 by Iagegu from Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 25, 2009
Taken from Dunedan's bookbox.