Life of Pi

by Yann Martel | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by momx3lovesbooks on 1/16/2006
Journal Entry 1 by momx3lovesbooks on Monday, January 16, 2006
Piscine Molitor Patel is a 16 year old boy who is traveling w/ his family from India to Canada by boat with their zoo animals also on the ship. The ship sinks and Piscine (Pi) gets on a lifeboat with a tiger.

The hype that I've heard and read about this book is pretty unbelievable. It was an alright book, but IMO the first 200 pages were really slow and boring. I enjoyed the book alot more after page 200 and couldn't put it down.

Journal Entry 2 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Saturday, June 17, 2006
This book arrived today! I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to start reading it (but with my new work schedule, that wil be awhile. Thanks so much for sending it my way!

Journal Entry 3 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Wednesday, July 26, 2006
After hearing all the hype, I knew I had to read this book. Well, last week I'd finished all rings/rays I had (they seemed to come in multiples for awhile) and was able to start this one. The beginning was a little slow, but once I got into it (aka, after the ship sank), I had a hard time putting it down. I brought it to work with me and was hoping it would be slow, so I'd be able to read more (one perk of my job). Overall, it was highly enjoyable and well written. It was so different and descriptive. I'd definitely recomend this book to anyone. Thank you momx3lovesbooks for sharing your copy with me.

Journal Entry 4 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Tuesday, August 1, 2006
Would like to turn this book into a book ray. I'm trying to make an effort to keep those books moving, esp those that I didn't register. I really enjoyed this book and would like the chance for other people to enjoy it as well.

To help ensure that things run smoothly (or that is the plan
anyhow), I've put together a few rough guidelines for this one. I
know that some people take longer to read a book (busy, got a bunch
of books to read before, work, etc)...

1. Please try to have this book read within 3 weeks. I know this
isn't possible, but if you make an effort to try that is all I can
ask.

2. Please journal when you receive the book.

3. When about halfway through, please contact the next person on the
list for their mailing address.

4. Please journal again when you've read the book and it is on its
way.

5. Have fun! Reading is supposed to be fun!

Sending order:
darkpunkangel-Canada (Inter)
love2read4fun-MO (US) <---- book is here

If interested, please PM with your location and shipping
preferences. I'll PM back. If you don't hear from me after a few days, then I didn't
get your PM. My computer isn't set up
yet due to lack of space in my current location, so I have to check my email at work. If you don't hear from me right away, please be
patient. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by wingthegoaliegirlwing from Vancouver, Washington USA on Thursday, August 10, 2006
Mailed to darkpunkangel today to start this ray off!

Journal Entry 6 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 21, 2006
Thanks, it came today. Starting this one right away.

Journal Entry 7 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Monday, August 28, 2006
Wow, what a story, amazing, being stranded at sea for 227 days and surviving. I actually heard in the new recently that 2 mexican fisherman (I think), landed after being at sea for 9 months. Anyways, at first I found the book a little slow but it picked up after. I'm glad that Pi made it over but it was sad that the rest of his family died when the boat sank. Overall it was a good read and would recommand it to anyone.

Thank thegoaliegirl for sharing the book, I already PM the next person and waiting for their address now.

Journal Entry 8 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Thursday, August 31, 2006
icanbeyourhero asked to be skipped so now PMing love2read4fun for their address

Journal Entry 9 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 1, 2006
The book is now off to love2read4fun, thanks for including me in the ring thegoaliegirl :D.

Journal Entry 10 by love2read4fun from Patrick, South Carolina USA on Monday, September 18, 2006
Got this this past week along with 2 other rings/rays and since I am at the end of this ray, I am gonna read it last and come back and journal. Thanks for sharing it with me!