Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans

by Jane Green | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingAnonymousFinderwing on 11/27/2002
Journal Entry 1 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Monday, December 2, 2002
I rec'd it in the mail today. I am looking forward to reading it soon. Thanks so much!

Journal Entry 2 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Thursday, February 20, 2003
Light and refreshing book.

Jemima J is all woman! And oh so normal! I loved the humor and after reading one other Jane Green novel, I really like her writing! Fun and easy to read.

What’s a bookray and how does it work?

A bookray is when a book passes from person to person based on the list of members involved. Preferably a bookray book is never released into the wild.

To join this bookray (or any other bookray of mine) please private message me. I will be glad to add you to the list. New members are added all of the time so be sure to check the list of participants before you mail the book to the next in line just in case!

Once you are a bookray member you will receive the book from the person listed before you. When you receive the book please make a journal entry stating that you’ve received it. Then read it as soon as you can (no absolute hurry, just be reasonable please :o), and journal again with your thoughts. You’ll then need to private message the person on the list after you for their address. Mail the book by media mail (it’s cheaper!), and make release notes on the book only if you’d like to. Then sit back and watch the continuing journey!

The members are as follows:

djf1968

LaurieS (New Hampshire)
have2smile (Ohio)
First-Noel (Texas)

Journal Entry 3 by pgsahm at on Thursday, February 20, 2003
Released on Thursday, February 20, 2003 at Bookcrosser's home in postal release, postal release USA.

Bookray has begun! Mailing to BCer djf1968.

Journal Entry 4 by djf1968 from San Ramon, California USA on Wednesday, March 5, 2003
Got this in today's mail. I've got a couple books ahead of it in the queue, but hope to have it finished and sent to its next destination by the end of the month. Jemima J looks like my kind of woman. :)

Journal Entry 5 by djf1968 from San Ramon, California USA on Friday, April 18, 2003
I agree with pgsahm... a light an easy read. And as much as I wanted to shake her sometimes, I really enjoyed Jemima Jones' spirit and her spunk. She's one of the most genuine fully-developed characters I've ever encountered in a piece of 'chick lit'. Learning to love oneself is a difficult lesson ... and a powerful message throughout the book.

Jemima continues on her journey this weekend: Next stop brideofmessiah in Missouri. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by brideofmessiah from Hillsboro, Missouri USA on Monday, May 5, 2003
Received this in the mail from djf1968 today - THANK YOU pgsahm! :)

I, too, have a couple of books ahead of it in queue but will try to read very soon, and then pass it along to sejent.

Journal Entry 7 by brideofmessiah from Hillsboro, Missouri USA on Thursday, May 29, 2003
Hmmm...what to say?

I didn't much care for this one. That is, the story was light & entertaining, but when I finished it last night I felt like I'd just gorged myself on cotton candy. :) Not that there's anything wrong with fluff - I do read quite a bit of the stuff. I just was expecting more from this one. I found it to be cheap, Brit, fluffy, chick lit.

I'd have given it more stars, but I was quite bothered by the constant change in voice throughout. I don't understand why Ms. Green switches from 1st to 3rd person all the time, and the flip-flopping b/n what's going on in JJ's head, and what's actually being spoken is a bit confusing too. I kept thinking that this book would have been better as a movie. :P

Thanks for sharing it - I really had been wanting to read it for a while!

Journal Entry 8 by dawnS from Houston, Texas USA on Friday, November 21, 2003
Received this book today. More to follow.....

Journal Entry 9 by pgsahm from Disputanta, Virginia USA on Monday, March 1, 2004
Can I get a status update on this book? Thanks!