No Shitting in the Toilet: The Travel Guide for When You'Ve Really Lost It

by Peter Moore | Travel |
Registered by Megami on 7/18/2005
Journal Entry 1 by Megami on Monday, July 18, 2005
I am pretty sure i read this before i embarked on my travels, so obviously it is not off putting! While his experiences are totally different to mine, i can relate with much that Moore has to say!

Journal Entry 2 by Megami at on Monday, July 18, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (7/18/2005 UTC) at

Sent to Sabavana

Journal Entry 3 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, July 24, 2005
Ooooooh I can't wait to read this one! Thanks so much Megami :-) Hopefully there's something you like on my Shelf that I can send you in return.

Journal Entry 4 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, October 5, 2005
I haven't managed to read this one yet, but it's on loan to SweetPetunia who is in hospital at the moment, and is also a Peter Moore fan.

Journal Entry 5 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, October 5, 2005
Peter came back home with me, as SweetPetunia already had a stack of books to read while she recovers - back onto Mt TBR he goes!

Journal Entry 6 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, February 19, 2006
SKingList had a BookRay going for this book here, but it got lost in the post :-(, so this copy is going to finish the Ray in it's place.
I haven't read this yet so hopefully it won't get lost again before it gets back to me :-)

Journal Entry 7 by SKingList from New York City, New York USA on Sunday, February 19, 2006
New Ring Order 25 Feb 2006:

Catsalive - NSW
Jackiea - NSW
and back to
Sabavana - NSW

Journal Entry 8 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Posted to puppymummy today, enjoy :-)

Journal Entry 9 by puppymummy from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 24, 2006
Thanks heaps to Sabavana for restarting this ring - I didn't think I'd get a chance to read it, but really look forward to it!
A nice light-hearted read will be a good break from the Booker Longlist books I've been reading :)

Journal Entry 10 by puppymummy from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Monday, February 27, 2006
Fantastic book, absolutely loved it and found it heaps better than either Molvania (which it reminded me slightly of) or Swahili for the Broken-Hearted, which I read recently on a bookray.
While his Humour was still quite black, it was genuinely funny in this one and he had some great stories to share. Remind me never to travel with him :)

Posted to freesia this morning.

Journal Entry 11 by freesia from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Thanks, puppymummy, this looks funny and educational. "How to avoid jet lag: avoid jets."

Journal Entry 12 by freesia from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Monday, April 17, 2006
This was an entertaining read - better to dip into than to read from cover to cover. However, as a traveller myself, I ended up feeling completely envious of all the amazing places he'd been to - and that he had the temerity /not/ to enjoy them! Honestly! You go to the other side of the world, adventuring up the Amazon on a tiny boat - an experience few of your readers will ever have - but what you describe of it is that you missed having variety in your food? Come on!

I guess with this style of humour, though, it's easier to tell horror stories and worst case scenarios than genuinely convey beauty and peace and making connections with people from other countries. I don't know: I'm glad to have had the opportunity to read it, and there were a few good tips, but it was the tone that started to irritate me.

PMing charliewendy ...

Journal Entry 13 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Monday, May 1, 2006
Peter Moore has arrived safely!

Thanks Freesia!

Journal Entry 14 by charliewendy from Yarra Glen, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 21, 2006
Like most of those before me I didn't read this cover to cover. It started off very entertaining but after a while I found it a bit repetitive. I found it frustrating that he keeps mentioning fantastic places and experiences but doesn't go on to describe them. I would love to read a journal of his travels because he has been to some fascinating and obscure places.

Off to Jackson371 today 22nd may.

Journal Entry 15 by Sabavana from Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, June 7, 2007
Checking in!
If anyone still wants to read this book but hasn't had a chance due to hungry post boxes, there is another ring/ray (not sure which) happening here.