Blue Blood

by Susan McBride | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by alrescate of Strafford, Missouri USA on 7/16/2005
Journal Entry 1 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Saturday, July 16, 2005
A Debutante Dropout Mystery

Aaahh. There's nothing like a home-grown author. *grin* I had no idea when I picked this book up at a local shop that the author was a Missourian. (I just thought the autograph was one of those fly through booksigning leftovers.) I must say I'm fairly pleased with this book even though it takes place in Texas and not in Missouri.

This is what I would call a "mystery light." It has fewer calories but is less filling. The mystery isn't too challenging but I still enjoy the characters. I have to say though I will never understand why female mystery writers fill the need to make their heroines so dense. It seems in so many of these mysteries the female lead is always pulling some bone head move that most of us with a bit of common sense would never pull. Oh well.

Journal Entry 2 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Wednesday, July 20, 2005
This is on the way to Christchurch....I think Kiwikat needs this on her TBR pile. (It seems only fair...as many books as she has added to mine! *grin*)

I hope this gets there before Halloween!

Journal Entry 3 by KiwiKat from Blenheim, Marlborough New Zealand on Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Ahhh...at last a Missouri writer who is not Mark Twain!! LOL! This looks like just the kind of book I need after my lastest run of 'heavier' reading. HEY! This copy is also autographed. COOL! Of course, the lite and lo-cal mystery is preferable for gals like me who are watching their figure. Hahahahaha!! Yeah, watching it expand a bit more each year, that is!! Thank you for this taste of Missouri writing, Alrescate. Looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 4 by KiwiKat from Blenheim, Marlborough New Zealand on Saturday, August 6, 2005
This made a nice change for the 'heavier' books I've been reading lately. It actually got a bit funnier as the story went on, but I don't think it was quite as good as a 'Stephanie Plum' for good old belly laughs. Still, it was a bit of 'mystery lite' just when I needed it. Thanks again for sharing 'Alrescate'. Now...back to the heavier stuff. UGH!!

Journal Entry 5 by KiwiKat at on Wednesday, September 7, 2005