Orlando: A Biography

by Virginia Woolf | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 015670160x Global Overview for this book
Registered by amoenus of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma USA on 7/14/2005
Journal Entry 1 by amoenus from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, July 14, 2005
I have read this book before, and donated it to a library. I saw this copy at a garage sale and rescued it. I am going to read it again.

Journal Entry 2 by amoenus from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, August 14, 2005
I really like this book, it is one of Woolf's easier reads too! Orlando is a boy when the book begins, he lives his life and grows to be a man. At 30 he awakens as a women (still maintaning the memories of a man) and the journey of his/her life contiues. Very intesting mental gymnastics!
I am reserving this book to start a ring.

Journal Entry 3 by amoenus from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, August 21, 2005
mailing out in ring tomorrow:
hunnyb
wolfprincess
tranq1
rico-verde
back to me, laurarn

Journal Entry 4 by hunnyb from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, August 29, 2005
Caught safely today, thanks laurarn! Starting it right away. My cousin recommended that I read this as an introduction to Woolf - rather than jumping straight into The Lighthouse.

Journal Entry 5 by hunnyb from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, September 5, 2005
Wow! This was great. A testament to Woolf's imagination - raises really interesting questions about the nature of gender/ history. Woolf's writing style is very fluid but in this case I could actually follow it (unlike when I attempted To the Lighthouse...) - reading this has encouraged me to give her books another go. Thanks for sharing this laurarn, it's now off to wolfprincess.

Journal Entry 6 by wolfprincess from Newton Falls, Ohio USA on Monday, September 12, 2005
caught safely today! Thanks hunnyb! I am going to start it up tomarrow only due to the fact I have a meeting tonight. I can not wait to start the book. I love Virginia Woolfs work and have waited a long time to read this book.

Journal Entry 7 by wolfprincess from Newton Falls, Ohio USA on Friday, September 30, 2005
I enjoy reading Virgina Woolf but this book for some reason of her writting was hard for me to get into and follow. I was able to stick it through the book but I did not enjoy it as much as I have her other books. I think maybe I had higher hopes put on this book from a long time ago and now that I got the chance to read it, it did not reach the plato that I was expecting. I did enjoy the book and I will have to say I will have to try and read it again later when I can truly focuse on the total book like I need to. Many things have been going on to keep me unfocused like I would of liked to be when reading the book.

I am mailing the book to tranq1. The book will be mailed media mail on 10/1/05 in the morning.

Journal Entry 8 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Monday, October 10, 2005
I just got back in town and this book was waiting for me. I will read it next week. I am looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 9 by tranq1 at A fellow bookcrosser in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, October 31, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (10/31/2005 UTC) at A fellow bookcrosser in By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

I am returning the book to laurarn. Thanks laurarn for having this ring. I enjoyed reading Orlando.

Journal Entry 10 by amoenus from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma USA on Friday, November 4, 2005
Returned to me safely from a ring. Thanks everyone for getting it back home safe. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 11 by amoenus from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Sent to another bookcrosser (Yvensong).

Journal Entry 12 by yvensong from Reno, Nevada USA on Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Thanks for sharing this. I saw the movie inspired by this book. I can't wait to read the book!

Journal Entry 13 by yvensong from Reno, Nevada USA on Saturday, October 14, 2006
I have my own copy, now, so I'm sending this as a RABCK to darkpunkangel.

Journal Entry 14 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 18, 2006
What a pleasant surprise :D. Thanks so much, can't wait to read it!

TBR

Journal Entry 15 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Monday, March 2, 2009
Pretty good read.

RES for perfect-circle who took this out of the 1001 Books VBB on Bookobsessed.

Journal Entry 16 by darkpunkangel at 1001 Books VBB, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (4/8/2009 UTC) at 1001 Books VBB, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent today, hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 17 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, April 20, 2009
Arrived safely today, many thanks!

Journal Entry 18 by perfect-circle from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, February 15, 2010
An interesting read and certainly easier to follow than some of her other books I've read.

Off to the Feb exchange recipient in the next few days.

Journal Entry 19 by perfect-circle at a friend, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (2/17/2010 UTC) at a friend, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Off to the February Exchange recipient

Journal Entry 20 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 20, 2010
Arrived on Thursday - sorry for the delay in journalling it! Looks like a very interesting read.