Durable Goods

by Elizabeth Berg | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0679422080 Global Overview for this book
Registered by tempestsans of Canton, Georgia USA on 5/14/2005
Journal Entry 1 by tempestsans from Canton, Georgia USA on Saturday, May 14, 2005
in box of books from yard sale today...

good quick read, though the main character hit a bit close to home for my childhood...

reserving for retrogirl1977 as prize for my RABCK contest on reaching 1000 registered milestone

Journal Entry 2 by tempestsans at on Sunday, December 18, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (12/19/2005 UTC) at

off to retrogirl1977 for wishlist/contest winner RABCK part 1

Journal Entry 3 by retrogirl1977 from Oxbow, Saskatchewan Canada on Friday, July 28, 2006
I apologize I just found this book on my shelf and realized that I hadn't journaled it! TBR!

Journal Entry 4 by retrogirl1977 from Oxbow, Saskatchewan Canada on Monday, January 15, 2007
I just read Joy School which is the sequel to this book and I really enjoyed it. I had to make sure I read this next. I liked this book just as much as I liked Joy School. I love the character Katie, I feel for her so much! I just wish I could give her a hug and assure her everything is going to be ok! I find her wise in so many ways yet so naive.

Journal Entry 5 by DianaCoats from Hillsboro, Oregon USA on Wednesday, July 25, 2007
what an absolute joy to receive this RABCK. Cliff1976 has changed my life and I am grateful. I have sent another book to this generous bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 6 by DianaCoats from Hillsboro, Oregon USA on Saturday, August 11, 2007
For me, Elizabeth Berg is a very dependable writer. I have never encountered a work of hers that I did not enjoy. It doesn''t really matter what the topic is or who the protagonist may be, I just happen to like the style she uses. Thanks again to Retrogirl for sending me this book AND for letting me know that Joy School was a sequel. I think I''ll just have to look into getting that one.
This was well worth the time invested and that characters were very believable.

Journal Entry 7 by DianaCoats at Wordstock - Bookcrossing Booth in Portland, Oregon USA on Sunday, November 4, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (11/10/2007 UTC) at Wordstock - Bookcrossing Booth in Portland, Oregon USA

This book will be left for release at the Bookcrossing booth at Wordstock which is being held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon. To be released on Saturday the 10th at 2pm.

Journal Entry 8 by fallingstars19 on Friday, July 4, 2008
I picked up the book at Wordstock in Portland, Oregon. Kept it until now to read...A quiet moving coming-of-age story, barefoot and summery with heartache and humor. I read it in one summer day and it was perfect. Elizabeth Berg has caught the sensitivity of twelve and delivered it to us in a way that lets us look past the girl who narrates into the adulthood where we ourselves now live, with that 12 year old and her discoveries still inside us.

I liked the book so much that I researched the author, and discovered that Elizabeth Berg was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, not far from where I am right this minute. Though I live in Portland, I'm spending the summer here, and this is one of the books I chose to bring with me. Guess the book wanted / needed to be closer to its origins.

I'm letting the book go in a controlled release to a summer classmate.

Journal Entry 9 by cdtamayo from Deland, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I received this in a controlled release, I'm looking forward to reading it!