Mr. Dimock Explores the Mysteries of the East : Journeys in India

Registered by TXbibliophile of Honey Grove, Texas USA on 5/10/2005
Journal Entry 1 by TXbibliophile from Honey Grove, Texas USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2005
A reviewer on Amazon.com sums it up: Mr. Dimock possesses a perspective on India that, few if any, Westerners will ever have. He is probably the only Western author who has been able to notice and accept the chaos of India. Mr. Dimock also has the unique insight of perceiving the order that arises from this choas. In his book he presents India to us as a place of constant comedy the humor of which is best understood by someone who is familar with the region and it's people. India comes across as a place of extremes where even the animals have a personality and express it in their own right. The book was funny and nostalgic at the same time.

I agree. I have a friend who is currently in India and his reports are very similar and equally entertaining, but I recommend this book to all who are open to learning about other cultures.

Released 17 yrs ago (5/10/2005 UTC) at Dorsey & Whitney's 18th Floor Break Room in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA