Of Mice and Men

by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by peggysmum of Kambah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on 4/29/2005
Journal Entry 1 by peggysmum from Kambah, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, April 29, 2005
George and Lennie are migrant American workers - the one alert and protective, the other strong, stupid and potentially dangerous. This is the powerful story of their relationship and their dreams of finding a more stable and less lonely way of life.

Cover art differs.

Journal Entry 2 by Mistlerose from Frankston, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, May 4, 2005
received today as a RABCK. Thankyou so much Peggysmum. I can't wait to read it.

Journal Entry 3 by Mistlerose at Postal Release in Book Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 3, 2006

Released 15 yrs ago (2/3/2006 UTC) at Postal Release in Book Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

posted today

Journal Entry 4 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, February 16, 2006
Arrived safely 3 days ago in a big bag 'o books as part of the "Australia Only 3kg bag RABCK" BookRelay. Thanks heaps Mistlerose.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, July 1, 2006
I forgot I had this one on my shelf (duh!) and just recently pulled another copy out from the purists bookbag and have read it.
See the journal entries for the other copy

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, October 7, 2006
Offered on BookRelay in the "50 Most Wanted Books and Authors" relay and accepted by darkpunkangel. Will be sending soon.

Update: posted Monday 9th October - airmail.

Journal Entry 7 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 20, 2006
Thanks, it arrived today and thanks for the bookmark to. Look forward to reading it.

TBR

Journal Entry 8 by darkpunkangel from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 15, 2007
WOW, this is the first Steinbeck novel I ever read though, but it still wasn't good and I hate the ending, it was just awful and sad.

RES for VeganMedusa, who took this out of the Everybook VBB on Bookobsessed.

Journal Entry 9 by darkpunkangel at Everybook VBB in VBB, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (2/13/2008 UTC) at Everybook VBB in VBB, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent today, hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 10 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Monday, February 18, 2008
After ploughing through Grapes of Wrath (and loving it too, I must add) I assumed all Steinbeck's books would be behemoths, but this is tiny!
Thanks dpa. :)

Journal Entry 11 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I didn't find this as heartbreaking as The Grapes of Wrath. Until I find otherwise, I'm expecting a sad ending in all of Steinbeck's books (except for Travels with Charley - that was beautiful), so I wasn't surprised or upset much by the ending.
I just love his writing and characters.
Not sure where this will go now.

Journal Entry 12 by VeganMedusa at Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand on Saturday, September 6, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (9/7/2008 UTC) at Greymouth, West Coast New Zealand

Taking to Greymouth bookcrossing meet-up tonight.

Journal Entry 13 by LitleRascal from Havelock, Marlborough New Zealand on Tuesday, October 21, 2008
great all time classic