Wombles's Recommended reading List Journal

Registered by wombles of Caboolture, Queensland Australia on 4/9/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Saturday, April 9, 2005
My first journal and first bookring. I would love for bookcrossers to fill this journal with their recommended reading lists! I will start the first page.

Journal Entry 2 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Saturday, April 16, 2005
Ring-Australia only
Pm me to join
1st catalive NSW

Journal Entry 3 by wombles at on Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Released 17 yrs ago (5/2/2005 UTC) at

on its way to Catsalive who will take it to visit a meetup :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, May 5, 2005
Journal received. I'll have to think about which books I've read that I'd recommend to others.

wombles, I might be going to the Sth Sydney meetup on 15/5/5, so I'll take this with me & see if anyone there would like to share their favourites, if you agree.

Journal Entry 5 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, May 15, 2005
Well, I've filled a page of the journal, and here are a few of the best I've read lately:
The Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney (Chick);
Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman (Lit & Fict);
See Jane Run by Joy Fielding (Suspense/Thrill);
Sky Burial by Xinran (Biog);
The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier (Fict);
American Gods by Neil Gaiman (Fantasy/Mythology);
The Shadow of the Winds by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Lit & Fict); and,
Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden (YA).

The Picton clan added a few more recommendations & should make themselves known shortly.

Journal Entry 6 by Skyring from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, May 15, 2005
What an excellent idea, Wombles! A book full of good books, including itself, if you look at my page. I wish I had more time to look at my own bookshelves and pick out those most thumbed!

Thanks for passing this around for return to you. Most Bookcrossers I know are flat out reading all the books they have, let alone looking for more, but you are an inspiration to us all!

Journal Entry 7 by Sabavana from Abermain, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, May 15, 2005
I hijacked this journal for a few minutes at the Picton Meetup today (hope I didn't spill any sour cream or sweet chilli sauce on it). I can't remember what books I already mentioned, but of course I've thought of more since:

Losing My Virginity - Richard Branson (auto-biography)
The Winner - David Baldacci
Obernewtyn - Isobelle Carmody
The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
Swahili For The Broken-Hearted - Peter Moore
The Tick Tock Man - Terence Strong

Journal Entry 8 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, May 25, 2005
I will be taking this with me to Sydney meetup on the 14th of June, then with me to Brisbane where I'll return it to wombles.

Journal Entry 9 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, June 25, 2005
This is too hard - I can never decide what my favourite books are! I'll try and come up with a list though...

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 10 by Toxic from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, June 26, 2005
Wrote in this little journal at registration!

Adeline Yen Mah - Falling Leaves & Chinese Cinderella
Anne Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl
Roald Dahl - Matilda

Journal Entry 11 by tantan from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 26, 2005
I wrote in this at the Yum Cha, and I think I filled most of the page, but here are some of my favourites again:

*Any Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
*And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
*The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
*The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Journal Entry 12 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Monday, June 27, 2005
Many thanks to the wonderful bookcrossers who have listed many books in my recommended reading journal so far, there are still plenty of pages left so if anyone would like it to pass it around their meetup group just let me know!

Journal Entry 13 by thebiblioholic from Riverdale, New York USA on Tuesday, June 28, 2005
My recommendations are at http://www.biblioholic.com/recommended.html

Journal Entry 14 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Rarsberry handed this to me the other evening when she was here for a NZ convention planning meeting -we got lots done but still have much to sort out before February.
My list of favourites so far is:
Birdsong -Sebastian Faulks
The Sparrow -Mary Doria Russell
His Dark Materials series -Phillip Pullman
The Dark is Rising seriec -Susan Cooper
The Time Travellers Wife -Audrey N...
The Life of Pi
Twopence to Cross the Mersey -Helen Forrester
Purple Hibiscus -Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
84 Charring Cross Road/ Q's Legacy -Helene Hanff

Is that enough for the moment? There are many more which I will add to the book as I remember.
Great idea this Wombles, looking forward to meeting you in February!

Journal Entry 15 by Bris-Con at BC Brisbane Convention in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, June 30, 2008

Released 14 yrs ago (7/4/2008 UTC) at BC Brisbane Convention in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Journal Entry 16 by juli2007 from Beachmere, Queensland Australia on Friday, July 4, 2008
I picked this up at the Brisbane Convention and not sure if this journal was to travel home with me.. but like a couple of other books it made its way into my stash bag, I have written some suggestions and will let Pookie08 write her suggestions before letting it travel to some more Aussie Bcers, I had a great time at the convention and it was great to finally meet you Wombles!