Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety

by Judith Warner | Parenting & Families |
Registered by bookmaniac70 of София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on 3/25/2005
Journal Entry 1 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Friday, March 25, 2005
A book about modern motherhood in American society.

"Warner's book seeks to answer the question, "Why are today's young mothers so stressed out?" Whether shuttling kids to "enriching" after-school activities or worrying about the quality of available child care, the women of Perfect Madness describe a life far out of balance. Warner spends most of the book explaining how things got to this point, and what can be done to restore some sanity to the parenting process."(from Amazon.com)

Journal Entry 2 by bookmaniac70 at By Mail in Helsinki, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (5/10/2008 UTC) at By Mail in Helsinki, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Annimanni.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, May 16, 2008
Received today, thank you very much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, September 4, 2008
Oops, I see I forgot to journal when I read the book. I enjoyed it very much, although it was very scary! I'm pregnant with my first child and have been following various internet forums on the subject of motherhood - and I'm surprised how wide-spread the phenomenon of "perfect madness" is in Finland as well these days. I sincerely hope I will be able to keep my sanity...

Journal Entry 5 by CandyDarling from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, July 20, 2009
Got this book from Annimanni today, thank you! I don't have children yet, but I do hope that I'll have children someday (soon). :) I'm scared of the "perfect madness", especially because I've already seen symptoms of it in myself. Thankfully I have seen examples of many different types of parenting, hopefully I'll be able to cast aside my mother's expectations of perfection.

Btw, there's a Finnish book about the same subject, called Äidin kielletyt tunteet.

Journal Entry 6 by CandyDarling at OBCZ Columbus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 3, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (7/4/2020 UTC) at OBCZ Columbus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'm releasing the book on the OBCZ-shelf at Marian Konditoria, Kauppakeskus Columbus in Vuosaari.

------------------------

If you're reading this, you've caught a book! Congratulations, and welcome to BookCrossing. You've come to a friendly place. Hope you enjoy the book, and the free no-spam website. Please make a short note to let me know what you thought of the book, then feel free to keep it or set it free to continue its journey. If you choose to join BookCrossing, you'll be able to see where the book goes on its travels!

Happy Reading!