Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man

by fannie flagg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by boreal of Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on 3/12/2005
Journal Entry 1 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Saturday, March 12, 2005
Taken from the pages of Daisy Fay Harper's journal, this is a coming of age story set in rural Mississippi that is by turns hilarious and touching. It begins in 1952 when Daisy Fay is a sassy, truth-tellin' but lonely eleven-year old, and ends six years later when she becomes the flamboyant, unlikely -- but assured -- winner of the Miss Mississippi contest. Along the way, we meet some of the raffish and outrageous town locals, including her own Daddy, who comes up with a mortgage scheme that requires Daisy's "resurrection."

Journal Entry 2 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Friday, May 20, 2005
I really enjoyed this -you can tell when I enjoy a book when I read bits out to my husband, this happened often in this book! Daisy Fay is a wonderful, generous, and kind hearted character. Loved the fishing contest episode and Lady Godiva amongst other things.
Great book!

Journal Entry 3 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Saturday, May 21, 2005
Took this to the meetup at Mannequin bar this afternoon and it was taken home by another bookcrosser.
Happy reading :-)

Journal Entry 4 by awhina from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, June 19, 2005
I picked this up at the Dunedin Meetup a few weeks ago. It was a good read. The dairy was funny and well written. I've given it to FutureCat to take to the Brisbane Convention. Soon it will be crossing that ditch and hopefully will be released somewhere interesting.

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, June 20, 2005
Received from awhina, and on its way to Brisbane in a couple of days...

^ ^
=+=
V

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 24, 2005
Left on the table at the ABC registration evening.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 7 by Arrietty from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, June 27, 2005
I said I wasn't going to take more than 5 books back to Adelaide, but couldn't resist this Fannie Flagg book. I've read 3 other of her books and she's very entertaining. When I've finished it will probably be going to UK.

Journal Entry 8 by Arrietty from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Lovely little book. Amusing and interesting characters. I especially enjoyed the story of the fish competition....ony Fannie Flagg can tell a yarn about cheating in a competition and so that the reader actually wants the cheaters to win!

A good yarn - good for reading a bit at a time at before bed. Didn't take to UK as didnt' finish in time so am going to release at meetup tonight.

Journal Entry 9 by Arrietty at MeetUp Controlled Releases in Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Released 14 yrs ago (6/10/2008 UTC) at MeetUp Controlled Releases in Adelaide, South Australia Australia

At June Meetup

Released 14 yrs ago (6/11/2008 UTC) at Community Centre, 59 Gladstone Ave in Kilburn, South Australia Australia

Placed on community centre bookshelf