The Perfect Storm

by Sebastian Junger | Outdoors & Nature |
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 2/25/2005
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, February 25, 2005
A true story of men against the sea,was made into a movie.In the autumn of 1991 the Andrea Gail left Gloucester and headed for the fishing grounds of the North Atlantic and a storm never seen before.

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, February 26, 2005
Picked up at the breakfast meetup this morning.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, April 15, 2005
I come from a fishing family (my grandfather and several uncles owned or worked on fishing boats, other uncles were dock workers), so I found this book utterly fascinating - it brought to mind the many stories I heard as a child about waves smashing wheelhouse windows, and my Grandma standing on shore during big seas watching for any sign of the boats.

I'm thinking of passing the book on to my father, who I think would find it equally interesting.

^ ^