Two to Conquer

by Marion Zimmer Bradley | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by ffyrestarr of Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on 1/24/2005
Journal Entry 1 by ffyrestarr from Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 24, 2005
recieved this from Caligula03 as a RABCK!!

can't wait to read this.

Journal Entry 2 by ffyrestarr from Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 26, 2005
hmmm read better, but yet again zimmer bradley's writing style pulls you through...

bit of a soppy ending really, personally i wanted the ending to be different, because yeah sure all nasty characters are people too but i'm kind of simplistic black&white to some extent - what you put in should be what you get out. the boomerang effect.

ah well shall be posting off to laura0141 sometime next week, to fill in one more gap in the darkover spiral.

added 10th august 2005-----------------------------------------------

part of the DARKOVER SPIRAL

The participants in the Spiral are:
1. Wistfuldragon (uk)
13.Weebly (uk)
14.Willow3 (uk)
15.Squirk (uk)
16.Laura0141 (uk)

and the reading order of the books is as follows:

Darkover Landfall
Stormqueen!
Hawkmistress!
Two to Conquer-------you are here!
Heirs of Hammerfall
Star of Danger
The Winds of Darkover
The Bloody Sun
Heritage of Hastur
The Planet Savers (haven't got)
Sharra's Exile
World Wreckers
Exile's Song
The Shadow Matrix
Traitor's Sun

Journal Entry 3 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Arrived yesterday - will take good care of it!

Journal Entry 4 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 14, 2005
Will be going to Wistfuldragon shortly.

Journal Entry 5 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, April 28, 2005
A very poorly little book; mildewed, falling apart...I shall treat it with great care.
And devour it in one gulp, as soon as I've finished my current read.
Thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 8, 2005
I loved this book, but did agree that the ending was a little simplistic. There are some men out there that could really do with the treatment that Bard received - I could nominate one! - but I don't know that it would have had quite that much effect. Men are awfully good at self-deception. Still, as a Darkover tale, it was very good!
It will stay with me for a while, until I have read the others in this batch of the spiral.

Journal Entry 7 by WistfulDragon from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, September 16, 2005
This book has had a remarkable recovery!

Ok, ok, so I lost it by putting the wrong address, and this is a new copy. Hence the delay. It's going in the post to Auglaise today.

Journal Entry 8 by Auglaise from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 17, 2005
Received today. Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by Auglaise from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 2, 2005
I thought, like most of the others who've read this so far, that the ending should have been different! I thought the transformation was pretty unbelievable, but hey, that's how it goes. ^_^

Journal Entry 10 by Auglaise from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 5, 2005
Heading off today!

Journal Entry 11 by Hexa on Monday, October 10, 2005
Received safely and at the top of Mr TBR - thank you!

Journal Entry 12 by Hexa on Wednesday, October 19, 2005
I really enjoyed this, although as others have said I found the ending a little too simplistic. I actually quite liked the way that Bard was transformed, and I'd like to believe that it's realistic, but I'm not sure. The tying up of loose ends was just a little hasty.

I'm putting this on the reserved pile ready to send on once I've read a couple more.

Journal Entry 13 by flajol from Carterton, Wairarapa New Zealand on Friday, November 4, 2005
I'm sure this wasn't on the list of books available through the sprial, and being obsessed with reading things in order, I borrowed this from the library to read before getting to The Fall of Neskaya. Unfortunately I don't really remember why I didn't like it so much! I do remember that I found the main male characters repulsive, and the treatment of women uncomfortable to read. I don't remember much more than that though.

On the plus side, the book will be on its way very soon! :o)

Released 15 yrs ago (12/20/2005 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Kert01.

Journal Entry 15 by kert01 on Friday, January 6, 2006
I agree that thw wnding was simplistic, and the same can be said for the Heirs to Hammerfell. I generally agree that a good fantasy book should end on a good note, but these do sort of take it to extremes. I wonder if it's a reflection of when they were written?

I liked it though, although some of the scenes are difficult to read, much less sympathise with!

On to tiggsybabes next although it sounds as if she has a bit of a log jam of Darkover books!

Journal Entry 16 by kert01 on Friday, October 6, 2006
POsted to tiggsybabes

Journal Entry 17 by ffyrestarr from Warminster, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 13, 2008
This was sent by kert01 but whether or not tiggsybabes recieved it we will never know as she has not replied to my many PMs.

I think we can safely say that it's fell into the bottomless pit of tiggsybabes.

Released 1 yr ago (8/16/2020 UTC) at Banks Avenue Little Free Library in Pontefract, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Going into my Little Free Library. Check us out on social media đź’śđź“š

Released 1 yr ago (9/1/2020 UTC) at Banks Avenue Little Free Library in Pontefract, West Yorkshire United Kingdom