Making Time for Me: A Practical Guide to Getting Priorities Right

by Penelope Ody | Other | This book has not been rated.
Registered by taniazed on 11/19/2004
Journal Entry 1 by taniazed on Friday, November 19, 2004
I'D LOVE TO, BUT I HAVEN'T GOT TIME!'

Most of us find it difficult enough to keep up with the things we feel we need to do, leaving no time for things we want to do, and taking little account of what we might be capable of doing.

If this seems to be your contant cry - if you're too busy ferrying your children around to see your own friends, if you never seem to have time to go to the cinema any more, if you come home from work too late and too tired to do anything but collapse in front of the television - you need to learn to Make Time For Yourself.

SO HOW CAN WE REDRESS THE BALANCE?

The solution lies largely in our own hands, but we have to take a step back from our hectic schedules in order to identify what we really care about and what we really want to achieve. Making Time For Me makes a no-nonsense evaluation of contemporary lifestyles and addresses such issues as learning to say 'no', reassessing workloads and finding out how to slow down our lives. It suggests some ways of relaxing, and some healthy and soothing foods to nurture both the body and the soul. Most of all it helps us separate the wheat from the chaff of our lives and offers both traditional and innovative approaches to regaining control.