Blessings (copy 2)

by Anna Quindlen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by verloren of Rock Valley, Iowa USA on 9/14/2004
Journal Entry 1 by verloren from Rock Valley, Iowa USA on Tuesday, September 14, 2004
Book description:
Late at night, a teenage couple drives up to the estate owned by Lydia Blessing and leaves a box.

In this instant, the world of the estate called Blessings is changed forever. The story of Skip Cuddy, the Blessings caretaker, who finds a baby asleep in that box and decides he wants to keep her, and of matriarch Lydia Blessing, who, for her own reasons, decides to help him, Blessings explores how the secrets of the past affect decisions and lives in the present; what makes a person, a life, legitimate or illegitimate, and who decides; the unique resources people find in themselves and in a community. This is a powerful novel of love, redemption, and personal change by the Pulitzer Prize–winning writer about whom The Washington Post Book World said, "Quindlen knows that all the things we ever will be can be found in some forgotten fragment of family."
Picked this 2nd copy up at a book sale in Sioux Center, IA.

Journal Entry 2 by verloren at Dr. Menke's Office in Cherokee, Iowa USA on Monday, September 27, 2004

Released 17 yrs ago (9/27/2004 UTC) at Dr. Menke's Office in Cherokee, Iowa USA

Left this on an end table in the waiting room of the dentist's office.

[Dr. Menke's office, Cherokee, Iowa]

(This release note is a correction... I have 2 copies of this book, and accidentally made release notes for the other BCID number instead of this one!)

Journal Entry 3 by iowababy from Cherokee, Iowa USA on Sunday, November 7, 2004
HI book world, what a great idea, I found this book at Dr menke office. I have not read a book in years and for some reason i picked this book up and started to read it.. Wonderful... Thank you for sharing the book. I hope to read more wonderful books.

Journal Entry 4 by iowababy at Left it on a Farm,my moms house in Rippey, Iowa USA on Friday, September 16, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (9/7/2005 UTC) at Left it on a Farm,my moms house in Rippey, Iowa USA

not sure where my mom will leave it, when i know i'll let you all know...