An American Killing

Journal Entry 1 by guinaveve from Mason, Ohio USA on Sunday, September 12, 2004
to be read
Reserved for nigel-vivian
edited to add-
This is a fictional story about a true crime writer who is persuaded to investigate a closed triple homicide case. Her own life ends up being in danger.
I liked the plot of this book, the story was great. I also noticed that the true crime writing main character got her start almost exactly the same way as Ann Rule who is a real true crime writer. Ann Rule worked with Ted Bundy and ended up writing a true crime book about him. The main character in this book did the same, got her start writing about a co-worker who ended up being a serial killer.
My only problem was that the main character of this book was not at all likable. As a reader it was hard to feel any sort of attatchment to her or care about her fate. I think she was supposed to be sarcastically funny, but came off surly.
All in all, it was a good book, just not as great as the review on the back cover made it out to be.

Released on Friday, December 03, 2004 at about 9:00:00 AM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at Fellow BookCrosser in Postal release, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by nigel-vivian from Shah Alam, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on Thursday, February 17, 2005
Got this book along with 17 others as part of a trade with Guinaveve. Thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 4 by nigel-vivian at Shah Alam, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on Monday, August 16, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (8/16/2010 UTC) at Shah Alam, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia

On its way to fellow bookcrosser kairulizwan. Happy bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 5 by kairulizwan at Shah Alam, Sultanate of Selangor (Shah Alam) Malaysia on Saturday, August 21, 2010
Received the book from nigel-vivian [via post] as a surprise RABCK together with 7 other books on Wednesday, 18th August 2010 [Thanks Vivian] :D

To be read later. Will update the journal soon after I've finished reading ;)