red Dog

by Louis de Bernieres | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by billhookbabe on 8/22/2004
Journal Entry 1 by billhookbabe on Sunday, August 22, 2004
Memoirs of Red Dog, a smelly and free thinking, free travelling dog as told for the people of Northern Australia by Louis de Bernieres. A book to laugh and cry at and learn a bit of Australian culture too.

Journal Entry 2 by billhookbabe at on Sunday, August 22, 2004
Released on Sunday, August 22, 2004 at passed on to Cartref in Derby, England United Kingdom.

happy reading Cartref, thought you might like this seeing as you liked looking after my dog all of last week.

Journal Entry 3 by cartref from Derby, not specified not specified on Sunday, August 22, 2004
to be read, thanks billhookbabe, no need to take this dog for a walk, ha ha

Journal Entry 4 by cartref from Derby, not specified not specified on Sunday, September 12, 2004
A read I realy enjoyed. A dog with a mind of his own whom liked to travel,getting food and shelter wherever he went.If he was hurt workmen would do a whip round to pay a vets bill. Red dog learnt you a bit about Australia as he travelled. A sometimes funny sometimes sad tale. No-one owned Red dog, but they all cared for him.

Journal Entry 5 by cartref at on Sunday, September 12, 2004

Released 18 yrs ago (9/13/2004 UTC) at

postal release
Red Dog is going home to Australia, as a RABCK to ptassie, hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 6 by Ptassie from Williamstown, Victoria Australia on Monday, September 20, 2004
gotcha!!! thanks cartref, i'll get to this soon :)

Journal Entry 7 by Ptassie from Williamstown, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, September 29, 2004
i love this book. a very short read, and so simple it's addictive. i couldn't put it down.
Red Dog affected me so deeply - i can't even remember the last time that happened. i don't think i'll be forgetting this book in a hurry.
i think i'm going to have to try to dig up a copy of this for my own permanent collection.
thank you again Cartref for sharing this book with me!!! *big hugs* i owe you one ;)

Journal Entry 8 by Ptassie at Church in Kite Street in Orange, New South Wales Australia on Friday, October 8, 2004

Released 18 yrs ago (10/8/2004 UTC) at Church in Kite Street in Orange, New South Wales Australia

Orange
Old church in Kite Street
- sitting on a pole out the front of the church

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, October 13, 2004
I found "Red Dog" on the Federal election day outside a polling booth. It's the first time I've "caught" a book, and very excited I was to do so!

I think bookcrossing is a fantastic movement, and I hope to contribute to it in the future.

At the moment, I'm halfway through it- it's an easy book to read.

I am looking forward to hearing of its subsequent travels!

Emily

CAUGHT IN ORANGE NEW SOUTH WALES AUSTRALIA

Journal Entry 10 by laughoutloud on Thursday, July 17, 2008
I was left beside myself. I had to put it down on the train for fear I might burst into tears. What an ending. I just last year had to put my dog Domino down, it broke my heart. So did this book all over again. But such a great story full of warmth and love, that's why it reaches the depths of your heart.