Upper Fourth at Malory Towers

by Enid Blyton | Children's Books |
Registered by taniazed on 7/5/2004
Journal Entry 1 by taniazed on Monday, July 5, 2004
Darrell and her friends are stydying hard for their exams, but there is a lot to distract them. Not only has Darrell's younger sister, new to the school, fallen under the spell of an awful first year, but Gwen seems to think she's developed a heart problem. Can the upper fourth sort things out, or is the scary Head Mistress going to have to step in?

The fourth book in Enid Blyton's classic boarding-school series.

Journal Entry 2 by taniazed on Saturday, October 13, 2007
THIS IS NOW PART OF A BOOKSPIRAL

*Maresa (Germany) Europe pref. Intl if necc.
*bluecat07 (Germany) Intl surface *BOOK IS HERE*
*drutt (Scotland) Intl
*kitten99 (UK) Intl
*PRCS (Canada) Surface mail anywhere
*lovelovebooks (Illinois, USA)
*Lobodyke (Virginia, USA) US Only Intl if necessary
*tabby-cat-owner (Arizona, USA) Intl

Journal Entry 3 by taniazed on Sunday, October 14, 2007
Sent this off a few days earlier than I had planned because I have a whole heap of books to post after the 20th. Easier to post these off now as they are ready!

Off to Maresa...

Journal Entry 4 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Thank you very mch for this book, too ;-) I'll read them soon

Journal Entry 5 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Sunday, November 4, 2007
Poor Gewndolin Mary ;-)
I never thought about it, but while reading book number 4 now I really felt miserable for Gwen and disliked many of the other girls. You see, everyone dislikes Gwen for searching for a friend with "influence" or something like that and thinking only on the own average she might get by that friendship. But it's not that the other girls are much different - look at the visitors day or when they are brought to the station by their parents: everyone will be ashamed if her mother or father behave or look different than the other parents. So where is exactly the difference? Of course, Gwen is terrible - but I would never behave like the other ones towards her, too...
Okay, just my two cents about a very nice boo. Thank you for let me read ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Monday, November 12, 2007
Book arrived safely, thanks for sending it, Maresa!

Journal Entry 7 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Now there was quite a lot of bi...ing going on! Thanks for letting me read it.

The book is now on its way to drutt.

Journal Entry 8 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 3, 2008
I loved this one - Darrell desperately wants to get her younger sister away from the negative influence of June, Alicia's cousin. There's also the strange concern with the new twins Connie and Ruth, and Belinda is entertaining, especially in her attempts to draw Gwen's scowls.

Journal Entry 9 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, January 5, 2008
Now on its way to kitten99.

Journal Entry 10 by kitten99 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2008
Arrived today along with the third book - can't wait to read this again!

Will journal again once it's read and on it's way.

Journal Entry 11 by kitten99 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, February 16, 2008
Just a great story - I'm having a childhood regression with these books!

This was sent on it's way to PRCS along with the 3rd book - posted on Monday 11th Feb, but my internet died so I wasn't able to journal until today - sorry!

Journal Entry 12 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Thursday, March 27, 2008
I'm excited that this came in the mail today, and will be starting it very soon.

Journal Entry 13 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Like all the others in the series, I read this book in one night. In fact, I was going to wait until the next night to start it, but I actually ended up staying all night to read "Third Year at Malory Towers" then this one! Thanks SO MUCH for doing this bookspiral, taniazed!!

Released 13 yrs ago (4/2/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

on its way to tabby-cat-owner as part of taniazed's wonderful Enid Blyton bookspiral :)

Delivery Confirmation #0307-0020-0003-3321-6141

Journal Entry 15 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
received in the mail from lobodyke of Bardstown, Kentucky as part of a book spiral organized by taniazed of Victoria, Australia.

I look forward to reading this with my daughter but will wait until I receive the first two books of the series.

Thank you, taniazed, for organizing this bookspiral, and thank you, lobodyke for mailing this book.

Journal Entry 16 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Just finished reading this with my young daughter, and we really enjoyed it. Gwendoline Mary was particularly badly behaved in this book with her beautiful plan to get out of taking the School Certificate exam. Naturally, the plan doesn't work out as planned. It was fun to read about the picnics and the midnight feast. It was quite tense when the midnight feast had unexpected visitors. The situation with the twins, Ruth and Connie was a little odd, but the fourth form mistress, Miss Williams handled it well.

Journal Entry 17 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 6, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (4/6/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

mailed back to taniazed of North Ringwood, Victoria, Australia to bring this book spiral to a close.

Thank you, taniazed, for sharing your books with us.