Third Year at Malory Towers

by Enid Blyton | Children's Books |
Registered by taniazed on 7/3/2004
Journal Entry 1 by taniazed on Saturday, July 3, 2004
Darrell and her friends are delighted to be back for their third year at Malory Towers. This year there are some new faces too - the snobbish American, Zerelda, and the tom-boyish Bill. But it's Mavis with her precious singing voice who causes the scariest upset of the year.

The third book in Enid Blyton's classic boarding-school series

Journal Entry 2 by taniazed on Monday, September 24, 2007
This is now a bookring...

*Maresa (Germany) Europe pref. Intl if necc.
*bluecat07 (Germany) Intl surface *BOOK IS HERE*
*drutt (Scotland) Intl
*kitten99 (UK) Intl
*PRCS (Canada) Surface mail anywhere
*lovelovebooks (Illinois, USA)
*Lobodyke (Virginia, USA) US Only Intl if necessary
*tabby-cat-owner (Arizona, USA) Intl

Journal Entry 3 by taniazed on Sunday, October 14, 2007
Sent this off a few days earlier than I had planned because I have a whole heap of books to post after the 20th. Easier to post these off now as they are ready!

Off to Maresa...

Journal Entry 4 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Arrived today, Thank you very much ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Sunday, November 4, 2007
The third book was always my not-so-loved one in the series, just because of the fact that it wasn't very interesting or somthing to me, because I don't like horses. But it was also interesting to read it in English, thank you very much ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Monday, November 12, 2007
The book arrived safely today. Thanks for sending it, Maresa!

Journal Entry 7 by bluecat07 from Karben, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, December 18, 2007
That was a nice read, too. It is nice to see the characters develop and new ones appear.

Now on its way to drutt in Scotland...

Journal Entry 8 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 3, 2008
This third book is very horsey, but marvellous all the same. More new characters, this time Bill, Mavis and Zerelda. Zerelda was even more irksome than when I read this as a child.

All very exciting when Mavis goes missing and of course it all works out in the end!

Journal Entry 9 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, January 5, 2008
Now on its way to kitten99.

Journal Entry 10 by kitten99 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2008
Arrived today along with the fourth book - great timing since I've just finished the second book!

Will journal again once I've read the book and it's on it's way.

Journal Entry 11 by kitten99 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, February 16, 2008
Another great read!
Was sent on it's way on Monday 11th feb - apologies for taking so long to journal, but my internet died!

Hopefully should be with PRCS soon.

Journal Entry 12 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Thursday, March 27, 2008
I'm excited to have gotten the next book in this series today, and will start it very soon.

Journal Entry 13 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I enjoyed this one very much, reading it in one night like all the others in the series. I especially liked the character 'Bill' and particularly disliked 'Zerelda'. Looking forward to reading the next one ...

Released 13 yrs ago (4/2/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

on its way to tabby-cat-owner as part of taniazed's bookspiral ...

Delivery Confirmation #0307-0020-0003-3321-6141

Journal Entry 15 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
received in the mail from lobodyke of Bardstown, Kentucky as part of taniazed's book spiral.

Thank you, taniazed for organizing this bookspiral. I look forward to reading this book with my daughter but will wait until the I receive the first two books of the series.

Thank you, lobodyke, for mailing this book.

Journal Entry 16 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing from Bellingham, Washington USA on Friday, August 29, 2008
My daughter and I finished the book yesterday. Another interesting book. This book seemed to focus on three new students and their different difficulties. Two of the new students, Mavis and Zerelda had a problem with being self-absorbed and fancied themselves to be somewhat better than the others and above being a schoolgirl, but circumstances changed their good opinion of themselves and it showed my daughter how people can change and make an aboutface.

Journal Entry 17 by wingtabby-cat-ownerwing at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, April 6, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (4/6/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

mailed back to taniazed of North Ringwood, Victoria, Australia to bring this book spiral to a close.

Thank you, taniazed, for sharing your books with us.