The O'Sullivan Twins (St Clares)

by Enid Blyton | Children's Books |
ISBN: 0749719109 Global Overview for this book
Registered by taniazed on 7/2/2004
Journal Entry 1 by taniazed on Friday, July 2, 2004
'Your cousins were bad enough when they came last term - but at least they didn't turn on the water-tap like you do!'

Spoiled Alison, Pat and Isabel O'Sullivan's cousin, is finding life at St Clare's hard. But at least she's not as lonely as unpopular Margery.

When nasty things start to happen to Pat, the two new girls are the obvious suspects, until a terrible fire breaks out, and the truth is discovered...

Journal Entry 2 by taniazed on Friday, December 14, 2007
THIS IS NOW A BOOKRING

If you have been on the Malory Towers spiral also, please don't assume you will be sending to the same person. Check here first as there have been a couple of small changes.

*Maresa (Germany) Europe pref. Intl if necc.
*drutt (Scotland) Intl
*kitten99 (UK) Intl
*Lobodyke (Virginia, USA) US Only Intl if necessary
*PRCS (Canada) Surface anywhere

Journal Entry 3 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Thursday, December 27, 2007
Arrived today, thank you ;-)

Journal Entry 4 by Maresa from Bayreuth, Bayern Germany on Thursday, January 3, 2008
I love Alison ;-) This one is not quite my favourite, it's too much with the whole fire-thing, but nevertheless I also enjoyed this one ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 21, 2008
This has arrived and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by drutt from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 23, 2008
This book introduces the twins' snooty cousin Alison, the sweet-natured Lucy, and the misunderstood and much-maligned Margery. It all works out for the better in the end, but the cruelty of teenage girls is greatly highlighted in this book, as are the similarities with Malory Towers - so far we have the artist and the joker - we now just need the musician, the singer and the uncompromisingly self-centred girl!

I won't send these books on just yet - I'll wait to give kitten99 a little breather to get through the Malory Towers books.

16/2/08 - edited to add - sent on to kitten99 today.

Journal Entry 7 by kitten99 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, March 21, 2008
Big apologies for mot journalling my receiving the first 2 books, I've had internet probs at home and can't access the BC site at work. happliy it's sorted at home now!

I really enjoyed this, as the st clares series are boks I never read when I was younger - don't know why, as i read all the Malory Towers books years and years ago!

I enjoyed the similarities to the malory towers books in the story, particularly in the different types of character, yet this one in particualr is different in the cruelty of the girls towards the unpopular people!

I've pmd lobodyke, and this will be on its way with the first book as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 8 by kitten99 from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, April 7, 2008
Was sent on it's way to lobodyke today with the first book in the series. Thanks again to taniazed for setting up this spiral

Journal Entry 9 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Monday, April 14, 2008
Like most people in this bookring, I read these books growing up and am looking forward immensely to reading some more Enid Blyton. She was the author who truly first made me into one of the "book obsessed" of the world.

Journal Entry 10 by Lobodyke from Bardstown, Kentucky USA on Thursday, April 24, 2008
I enjoyed reliving my childhood by re-reading this book. I remember that when I was a kid, I was really jealous of the girls in these books :) Thanks again for doing this bookring, taniazed.

Released 13 yrs ago (5/13/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Since PRCS wants to be skipped, this is going back to taniazed with many thanks!