Dragon

by Clive Cussler | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by xanderer of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 6/22/2004
Journal Entry 1 by xanderer from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, June 22, 2004
The first time I read this book, I thought it was one of Cussler's best. Now rereading it after the passage of ten years, it struck me as weakened by myriad changes in global politics. It's still exciting and enticingly complex, but fanatical Japanese businessmen don't seem to be as daunting a threat as they were when I first read it.

The plot: Japanese fanatics try to subvert the U.S. population by hiding nuclear warheads in compact cars being shipped to the U.S. Hero Dirk Pitt overcomes insurmountable odds, solves the mystery, and dazzles and beds women along the way.

Journal Entry 2 by xanderer at Penn Stater Conference Center in University Park, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Released on Monday, June 28, 2004 at Penn Stater Conference Center in University Park, Pennsylvania USA.

near the bathrooms near the Garden Level entrance

Journal Entry 3 by mattyp288 from Shippensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Found the book near the bathrooms on the Garden level of the Penn Stater on June 28, 2004, just where it was released. Good book, but reading it made me see just how much things have changed since it was written. Good book nonetheless. I plan to release it in Strawberry Square in Harrisburg once I read it again, so if you want to find it, look there!

Journal Entry 4 by mattyp288 at Strawberry Square Lower Level in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Released on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at Strawberry Square Lower Level in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA.

Released at about 1:00, near the candy shop on the lower level. More accurately, it was released where the obscure Harrisburg newspaper is always put, one on of the ledges just in front of the jewelry store.