Sophie

by Guy Burt | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by AngelChild of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 5/22/2004
Journal Entry 1 by AngelChild from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Saturday, May 22, 2004
I read the reveiws on Amazon so i was expecting a macabre ending.....and what a brilliant twist! A bit hard going at first as it changes narrator every other page, but you get use to that pretty quick. Cant beleive it was written by a 21 year old!!!!

A spellbinding novel of an obsessive childhood.

Matthew and Sophie enjoyed what seemd to be an idyllic childhood existence (albeit somewhat neglected!). Free from parental restrictions, they played together in the old barn and in the woods and fields around their house, as well as in the disused quarry where they hunted for fossils and where Sophie kept all her secrets. There were just the two of them, for their mother carried on her own, mysterious life and their baby brother did not live long enough to intrude.

Mattie hero-worshipped his all-knowing elder sister, and believed that their childhood would go on for ever. But Sophie was growing up, and the secret elements in her life would affect her brother in shocking and unforeseen ways as his childish terrors became an all-too dreadful reality. For Mattie, too, had his secrets...

Journal Entry 2 by AngelChild at A Trade in Trade, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 26, 2004
Released on Saturday, June 26, 2004 at A Trade in A Trade, A Trade Controlled Releases.

Sent To Gyd In Spain As A Trade
Enjoy :o)

Journal Entry 3 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Friday, July 9, 2004
Sophie has arrived to Barcelona along with 'Criminals' (hehe).

Many thanks Caffcaff, for the trade and the surprise RABCK you sent -and for both postcards too =]

Journal Entry 4 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Monday, November 22, 2004
Well, I've found it a bit slow at the start (and a little confusing with the switching of narrators) but soon you care for the two characters and you're trying to guess what the secrets will be about. And its end is not that kind which ties all the loose ends. Not at all ;0).

A young and new (for me) author to keep an eye on.

Journal Entry 5 by Gyd from Barcelona, Barcelona Spain on Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Back to Kent this morning :)

Journal Entry 6 by redjanet from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Received this in the post today from Gyd. Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by redjanet from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 17, 2005
I just finished reading this and I have to say that I'm still a bit confused by the end and may have to go back like others have said and re-read the last few pages. It was a compelling read over all but I did feel that that the resolution was a bit rushed and more than a tad confusing!

Journal Entry 8 by redjanet at Book Relay in Book Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Released 16 yrs ago (7/20/2005 UTC) at Book Relay in Book Relay, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

I posted this today to Angellica as part of a relay. I hope you like it!

Journal Entry 9 by angellica from Worksop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 22, 2005
Thanks redjanet - arrived safely, I'll add it to my TBR

Journal Entry 10 by angellica at Somewhere in Worksop in Worksop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Released 8 yrs ago (4/23/2013 UTC) at Somewhere in Worksop in Worksop, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Congratulations and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate angellica referred you on your my profile page.