She Came Back (A Miss Silver Mystery)

by Patricia Wentworth | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTaryawing of Tammela, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 9/21/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Tammela, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Miss Silver #9

Anne Jocelyn came back from the dead. Her husband Philip says he carried her off the beach at Breton, shot in the head by a German bullet, and he buried her in Holt churchyard. Now with the war almost over, the bombing stopped, her return explodes the quiet life at Jocelyn's Holt. She wants her husband and her fortune back, and she'll get them ... if she is really Anne Jocelyn. Miss Nellie Collins knows something about that, and now Nellie Collins is dead.

Maud Silver, Private Enquiry Agent

She is everyone's favorite spinster-detective. From her Edwardian hairstyle to her beaded shoes, she is the very model of governess, which indeed she once was. Now she has taken on the much more challenging occupation of private enquiry agent. Armed with stubborn British common sense and an iron will to succeed, she is one of the best at tracking murder, as memorable as the finest creations of Agatha Christie.

3rd printing, Bantam Books 1985

– This book has been removed from the collections of Loimaa City Library. Library's offer is too good to be ignored if you're a book lover: one book costs 0,50 €, five books cost 0,50 € :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Tammela, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, September 21, 2022
This copy is an American version, and therefore I had to resist the temptation to write 'favourite' instead of 'favorite'... The original book was printed in Britain as The Traveller Returns in 1945.

I'm such a slow reader in English, but this type of mysteries are my favourites (hah! favo-u-rites!) and I adore stories this old so I guess I have to keep this in my ever growing TBR pile. I've had one Miss Silver Mystery earlier and that I released without reading. It was number 22 in this series of 32 novels she wrote between 1928 and 1961.
Ladies' Bane (A Miss Silver Mystery), https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15933634/

Released 2 mos ago (10/1/2022 UTC) at Makulihan tilapuoti ja kahvila in Tammela, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland

Wentworthia on tarjolla lauantain BC-miitissä, lukuiloa nappaajalle!

Lue ja vapauta - BookCrossing.com

Osallistun kirjalla Vapautusten vuosi 2022/lokakuu -haasteeseen (jännitys).

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, October 1, 2022
Wow, a Miss Silver mystery! She is my favourite!
I have read earlier Latter End (#11), The Listening Eye (#28), Pilgrim's Rest (#10), Out of the Past (#23), Miss Silver Comes to Stay (#16), Das Alte Haus am Meer (#4), The Benevent Treasure (#26), Salakäytävä (#24 tai #25), Askelkivet (21), The Clock Strikes Twelve (#6 tai #7), Myrkkyä kynässä (Poison in the Pen), The Chinese Shawl, Sukukartano (The Alington Inheritance). Quite a lot!