Avalon

by Anya Seton | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTrojanhorsewing of Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on 8/17/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingTrojanhorsewing from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 17, 2022
From the back of the book: " Wessex, in the last quarter of the 10th century: a time of conflict between Church and State, a time of threat from Viking invasions. Amidst all the violence and intrigue, came a knight called Rumon, a descendant of Charlemagne, a searcher, a wanderer, whose love for the beautiful Merewyn led him across the seas, and into the teeth of danger."

Journal Entry 2 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 17, 2022
I thoroughly enjoy Anya Seton's novels and would recommend this one. The story really shows the characters develop and mature over the years.

This book is a bit fragile. I imagine its already got a bit of history behind it and done some travelling. Hoping it holds together to get some more mileage in.

Released 1 mo ago (8/18/2022 UTC) at Undisclosed Location in -- Somewhere in West Sussex, West Sussex United Kingdom

Left on a bench at Selsey seafront car park.

Welcome to bookcrossing!
Congratulations on finding this book. I hope you enjoy it.
Please make a journal entry so I know the book is safe with you (this can be done anonymously if you prefer) and then read and re-release the book for someone else to enjoy!
Better still join Bookcrossing (please consider using me, Trojanhorse as your referring member) then you can follow the book as it continues its travels.
Happy Reading!

This book has been released for the August 2022 One Word Title Release Challenge.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at selsey, West Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, August 21, 2022
Whilst sat on a bench overlooking the sea and reading, I noticed a waterproof bag with something inside and found this book. I hadn’t heard of bookcrossing until now, but think it is a wonderful gesture and kind act. Unfortunately, I have many books awaiting to be read as part of some continuing education which needs to come first, so rather than delay the reading of this book I have decided that this gesture of kindness and goodwill should be passed on to another via being left in the same spot, overlooking the magnificent seafront. It should surely bring a smile to someone :)