The Thursday Murder Club

by Richard Osman | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0241988268 Global Overview for this book
Registered by KT-J of Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on 8/9/2022
Journal Entry 1 by KT-J from Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Blurb from Amazon:
In a peaceful retirement village, four unlikely friends meet up once a week to investigate unsolved murders.

But when a brutal killing takes place on their very doorstep, the Thursday Murder Club find themselves in the middle of their first live case.

Elizabeth, Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron might be pushing eighty but they still have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Can our unorthodox but brilliant gang catch the killer before it's too late?

I enjoyed this book, it had a good original premise and was humorous and easy to read with interesting characters and plot.

Journal Entry 2 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Thanks KT-J, I like Richard Osman so I'm looking forward to reading this.

Journal Entry 3 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 16, 2022
I enjoyed reading this, the characters and setting are great. However I found it a bit fanciful and beyond the realms of reality, I mean what Police force would share information with these oldies allow them to investigate a murder? That said it was fun and I'll definitely read the subsequent books in the series.