The Great Alone

by Kristin Hannah | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Blower of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/4/2022
Journal Entry 1 by Blower from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 4, 2022
This book was the next to be read for my book group.
I read a few reviews and wasn't sure I would like it. I was pleasantly surprised.
This quote from a review -
"Great descriptions of scenery, weather conditions, atmosphere and people's feelings, motivations and endurance"

Journal Entry 2 by Blower at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 4, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (8/4/2022 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour Nu-Knees

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 4, 2022
Received from my friend and neighbour Blower, thank you very much.

I tried with this book for quite some time, enjoying some of the beautiful descriptive passages of Alaska, but I'm afraid I got totally bogged down in all the survivalist propaganda, preparing for the end of the world, ready to defend one's family and belongings in the martial law that will be declared with the total breakdown of civilisation . . . I put it aside to read something more cheerful for a while - and never picked it up again. The longer I left it, the less inclined I was to return to it - so in the end I didn't . . .

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 4, 2022

Returned to blower with my apologies! I believe she has another reader in mind.

Journal Entry 5 by Blower at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Returned to me from Nu-Knees.
I will pass it on to a friend.

Journal Entry 6 by Blower at Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/10/2022 UTC) at Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Passed to a friend and Bookcrosser JollyDee

Journal Entry 7 by Jollydee at Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 21, 2022
A roller- coaster read. Gripping.