The Sea

by John Banville | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingLaveggioCoffeewing of Binghamton, New York USA on 7/27/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing from Binghamton, New York USA on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
"In this luminous novel about love, loss, and the unpredictable power of memory, John Banville introduces us to Max Morden, a middle-aged Irishman who has gone back to the seaside town where he spent his summer holidays as a child to cope with the recent loss of his wife. It is also a return to the place where he met the Graces, the well-heeled family with whom he experienced the strange suddenness of both love and death for the first time. What Max comes to understand about the past, and about its indelible effects on him, is at the center of this elegiac, gorgeously written novel among the finest we have had from this masterful writer."

This one was hard to get into at times and then I would fly through his words. I liked his writing style - but it wasn't always easy to read. The memories were jumbled, which I believe was the point of the story, so that was well done.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLaveggioCoffeewing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, August 7, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/6/2022 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

sent off in dabercro's Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox

Happy Travels

Journal Entry 3 by ravencat at Buffalo, New York USA on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Chosen from the Books I've Read and Journaled bookbox.