Direct Red

by Gabriel Weston | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by LFLHunter of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 6/30/2022
Journal Entry 1 by LFLHunter from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 30, 2022
Short stories and Medical Memoir. It took a couple of stories to get into this book, but once I did I enjoyed the stories.

Backcover: In her mid-twenties, Gabriel Weston - an arts graduate with no scientific qualification beyond high school-level biology - decided to become a surgeon. She enrolled at night school, then went through many years of medical school and surgical training.

Now in her late thirties, she has achieved her ambition and is working as a surgeon in a British hospital. "But I have never quite managed to shake off the feeling that I am an imposter,"she says. "Even when operating, it sometimes seems like I am on the outside looking in."

Direct Red is the result of those observations. It is a superbly written, startlingly raw account of her experience of life in a hospital. All her own doubts, mistakes, and incongruous triumphs are faithfully recorded. It is also a revealing and at times chilling account of what she sees around her. The world of surgery is secret and closed - or was until now.

Journal Entry 2 by LFLHunter at Little Free Library - First Street in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/9/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library - First Street in Burlington, Ontario Canada

Left in a Little Free Library in hopes the person who finds the book makes a journal entry. Tell us where you found or left the book or tell us what you thought of the book, help make the world a place of travelling books. You can join Bookcrossing or remain anonymous.