Police at the Funeral

by Margery Allingham | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1933397640 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 6/27/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, June 27, 2022
One of many books that I recently acquired for the purposes of sharing it with others.

Having stalled out on many of the books I have been trying to read recently, I decided to return to the tried and true British mystery. I can't quite figure out what to make of Albert Campion (apparently not his real name, from the oblique comments in this book) but he does a decent job as a detective and a student of human nature. My main complaint about this book is that it is clearly a product of its time (1930s) and is racially insensitive. Otherwise it was a well-crafted mystery and I didn't guess whodunit until the reveal. The characters were believable if largely unlikable. A decent way to spend a Sunday.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Little Free Library #112874 -- Knowles in Kensington, Maryland USA on Saturday, July 2, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (7/2/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library #112874 -- Knowles in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book is one of many being passed along to potential readers at local Little Free Libraries.