Enlightenment

Hello there!
by Sue Limb | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/6/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 6, 2022
Blurb:
A WARM, WITTY AND CHARMING TALE OF PASSION MISTAKEN FOR LOVE AND OF LOVE LOST AND FOUND

Jane Lockhart is something of a plain Jane. So when charismatic, fiery Evangelical preacher William Harris asks for her hand she is understandably dazzled. Soon after the wedding night, however, she realises that something is horribly wrong. Furthermore, she makes the agonising discovery that the man she really loves is somebody she had always known, an older man, who returns her passion. But he is now about to marry someone else. Only a miracle can deliver Jane from her misery. But a miracle is being prepared.

'Intriguing and extremely readable' Home & Life
'Gripping' Woman's Journal

ENLIGHTENMENT by SUE LIMB (1997) | ISBN: 0749322209 / 9780749322205 (UK PB) | Publisher: Arrow Books, Random House

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 6, 2022
A Daily Telegraph quote on the back cover says it all;
'As passions seethe beneath quiet gentility, this agreeable Austenesque tale of missed opportunity and thwarted love moves towards its required romantic ending by means of an unexpectedly modern twist. Sue Limb's message is that everyone has a right to happiness, regardless of the conventions of the time, and she conveys this with the most persuasive charm' Daily Telegraph

'Witty, sharp and every bit as charming as its heroine - and that is very charming indeed...' The Times

While that Times quote on the front cover recognises various facets Limb utilises to make this sing so effectively. It's no surprise to find the acutely perceptive eye that informed others of Limb's books I have read, also offers up such a rigorous backbone to this Austensque tale. It's brilliant!

Have a plan to 'release' this at the Old Gang, (of Edinburgh BookCrossers) Meet-Up on Sunday 27th November, 2022. In the interim marking it is as Available.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 28, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/27/2022 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released directly into the hands of another lovely BookCrosser, not sure who though, at a wonderful Old Gang, of Edinburgh BookCrossers Meet-Up. In the midst of loads of chit-chat I lost track of the book as it went from hand to hand. I'm so hoping its next reader finds it as interesting as I did.

Here we are, with the closing of the Filmhouse Cafe Bar back at Biblos where we used to meet-up years ago. Hugs rainbow3

● RELEASE NOTES:

DEAR FINDER:
I'm a special book. I'm not forgotten, lost or disgarded. I was left here on purpose to find new readers. On www.bookcrossing.com. you can follow my journey.

Take me with you, read me, and please leave a note about my whereabouts on the website - anonymously, if you prefer.

Then, please release me again so I can travel on, cheers rainbow3.

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Caught at the Old Gang Meet up. Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 4, 2022
I began this one but found it all a bit too obvious and I think it could have done with more of Austen's subtlety. Sometimes that wouldn't bother me, but I found it getting in the way this time. Rather than hold on to this one, I'll be wild releasing it.

Released 1 mo ago (12/4/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library - Meadows Community Garden in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Set free in the Little Free Library. Happy reading!