Last Orders

by GRAHAM SWIFT | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 5/28/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, May 28, 2022
This trade paperback (c. 1996) is one of six books donated to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) by BookCrosser Thamyres in May, 2022. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, May 28, 2022
I read another copy of this book in 2004. This is what I wrote after I read it...

It's the story of a group of friends in England who are charged with carrying out the "last orders" of Jack Dodds, that of scattering his ashes into the sea at Margate. Each chapter is told in the voice of a different character weaving back and forth through time.

Even though this book was a Booker Prize winner, I found it very hard to read. I couldn't keep the characters straight. I couldn't follow some of the local dialect and felt, with that, I was losing some of the story. I finished it, but only because others have thought of it more highly than myself, and I wanted to see why.

I'm releasing this book for...

***The October 2022 Tick Tock Release Challenge hosted by DragonGoddess. The book title contains the word LAST.

---------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!