Poems Of Akhmatova - Избранные Стихи

by Anna Akhmatova Анна Андреевна Ахматова | Poetry | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 9/28/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Witness to the international and domestic chaos of the first half of the twentieth century, Anna Akhmatova (1888-1966) chronicled Russia's troubled times in poems of sharp beauty and intensity. Her genius is now universally acknowledged, and recent biographies attest to a remarkable resurgence of interest in her poetry in this country. Here is the essence of Akhmatova - a landmark selection and translation, including excerpts from "Poem with a Hero."

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Sunday, October 2, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (10/2/2022 UTC) at Adara Spa Book Nook in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left at the Adara Spa Book Nook @ 608 W Peace Street, Raleigh NC #BookCrossing #adaraspa https://goo.gl/1syyky