A MESSAGE FROM BRUCE: Data Breach
Please read Bruce's important message here (or go to the Announcements forum by your normal route) about stolen BookCrossing data from 2013 and before.

Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History

by Art Spiegelman | Graphic Novels | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 8/8/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, August 8, 2022
The bestselling first installment of the graphic novel acclaimed as “the most affecting and successful narrative ever done about the Holocaust” (Wall Street Journal) and “the first masterpiece in comic book history” (The New Yorker) • PULITZER PRIZE WINNER • One of Variety’s “Banned and Challenged Books Everyone Should Read”

A brutally moving work of art—widely hailed as the greatest graphic novel ever written—Maus recounts the chilling experiences of the author’s father during the Holocaust, with Jews drawn as wide-eyed mice and Nazis as menacing cats.

Maus is a haunting tale within a tale, weaving the author’s account of his tortured relationship with his aging father into an astonishing retelling of one of history's most unspeakable tragedies. It is an unforgettable story of survival and a disarming look at the legacy of trauma.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at You Are My Sunshine LFL #60361 in Sunset Beach, North Carolina USA on Thursday, August 11, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/11/2022 UTC) at You Are My Sunshine LFL #60361 in Sunset Beach, North Carolina USA

Left @ You Are My Sunshine LFL #60361 420 38th St. Sunset Beach, NC #BookCrossing https://bit.ly/3vXpzaV