U UP?

by Catie Disabato | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1612198910 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 7/6/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
A New York Times Best Mystery Book of 2021

"This heady, sexy novel is filled with the carefree wildness of youth....Eve’s voice is enticing and compelling, and readers will be carried along with her as she learns more about herself than she ever planned." —Booklist

A young woman investigates her best friend's disappearance while navigating codependent friendships, toxic exes, and witchy rituals.

Eve has a carefully curated online life, works occasionally, and texts constantly with her best friend, Ezra. Basically, she is an archetypal L.A. millennial. She has also been carrying on a year-long conversation with her deceased friend Miggy over text. But when Ezra goes missing on the anniversary weekend of Miggy's death, Eve feels like her world is shattering.

Over a frantic weekend Eve investigates Ezra's disappearance, scouring social media for clues, while drowning her anger and anxiety in drinks, drugs, and spiritual cleansing. Eve starts to spiral as her friends try to convince her that she's overreacting, and ghosts--both real and metaphorical--continue to haunt her. When she uncovers clues to a life Ezra kept hidden, Eve starts to question how much she really knows about her best friend...and herself.

In U UP? Catie Disabato holds a mirror to the ways the phantom selves we create online permeate our emotional lives and hide our worst traits from everyone, including ourselves.

A neighbor is cleaning off their bookshelves and I am helping them give these books away through Bookcrossing.com. This is one of those books. If you like it, take it and write a journal entry at www.BookCrossing.com - its easy and anonymous. Then when you are done with it, find a nice person or place to release it. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this book and finding out where you got it from. This book is on an adventure we can share with it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (7/6/2022 UTC) at Deco Free Book Drop in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Deco Free Book Drop (Little Free Library #35995) @ W Hargett St & S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC. (Latitude: 35°46'41.6"N, Longitude: 78°38'24.4"W) #raleighspace #BookCrossing http://bit.do/DecoFreeBookDrop