Beloved

by Toni Morrison | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 5/13/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, May 13, 2022
I selected this trade paperback from the Little Free Library in the My Organic Market (MOM's) in Gaitherbsurg, Maryland, USA. Thank you so much!

----------

I read another copy of this book in 2019. This is what I wrote about it after I read it...

I have mixed feelings about this book. Knowing how celebrated Toni Morrison was in life, shortly after her death I chose to read this book to become familiar with her writing. I struggled a lot with it. I had a hard time understanding parts of the story. I learned way more about slavery than I hoped to (although that was a good thing for my personal growth). I found the story drawn out and repetitive too often. Near the end, I wanted it to just finish because I was getting tired of reading it.

And yet. There was a certain beauty to the story and deep pain--the legacy of anyone who is a descendant of slaves. I'm therefore glad I took the time to read and finish this book. However, it might be a while before I pick up yet another book of Toni Morrison's to read.

I'm releasing this book for...

***The August 2022 One Word Title Release Challenge hosted by booklady331.

---------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!