The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August

by Claire North | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/3/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 3, 2022

No matter what he does or the decisions he makes, when death comes, Harry always returns to where he began, a child with all the knowledge of a life he has already lived a dozen times before. Nothing ever changes.

Until now.

As Harry nears the end of his eleventh life, a little girl appears at his bedside. ‘I nearly missed you, Doctor August,’ she says. ‘I need to send a message.’

This is the story of what Harry does next, and what he did before, and how he tries to save a past he cannot change and a future he cannot allow.

Well...what can I say? A plot that could/should be repetitive but isn't, a story flitting from one life to another backwards & forwards in time, a little confusing & complicated at times, as well as some political history that normally, I should be ashamed to say, that I would skim over....not my usual style of read at all & one I think will be of the type that the reader either loves or hates. Me? I'm firmly in the former category.

I'm not going to analyse the plot, compare it to other books about reincarnation, time-travel or whatever & my overall opinion is pretty much in the area of..."WOW! what the hell happened there?"...in a really good way, that is :o)

An astonishing, intelligent & thought-provoking read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Released 1 mo ago (5/18/2022 UTC) at A Sweepstakes Winner, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

One of three books on their way to a Sweepstake Winner - hope they like at least one of them!

Journal Entry 4 by wingpam99wing at Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 21, 2022
I’m intrigued! Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by wingpam99wing at Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
*such* a clever book - I cycle to and from work and it's a book I've found myself thinking about when cycling (when obviously, I am not reading!). Thank you so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by wingpam99wing at Caird Hall in Dundee, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 11, 2022

Released 2 wks ago (6/11/2022 UTC) at Caird Hall in Dundee, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing! This is a friendly online community of book-lovers who want to share books and promote literacy around the world. Please leave a comment to say where you found the book and if you read it, what you thought of it. If you choose to join the site, you can follow the book as it travels on and finds more readers!

When you've read the book, it's yours to do with as you please - you can keep it, pass it on to friends or family, or "wild release" it again to find new readers!