Angela's Ashes

by Frank McCourt | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 3/8/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
This hardcover is one of ten books that were donated to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) in March, 2022, by BookCrosser Thamyres. Thank you so much!

--------------

I read another copy of this book in 1999. This is what I wrote about it after I read it...

"The author recalls his boyhood of poverty in New York and Ireland. Having
suffered through an alcoholic father, frequent moves, siblings' deaths, illness, and near-starvation, McCourt conveys the weariness that a family in such a desperate
situation often feels. He tells his family's story with love, humor, and a child's sense of wonder. Even though the narrative is sad, it doesn't evoke pity or tears. It's an uplifting story told with great warmth. What does come through, however, is a pervasive sense of McCourt's shame and the insensitivity of more fortunate people to those less fortunate."

ETA: The author of this book passed away in 2009 at the age of 78.

I'm releasing this book for...

***The 2022 Oh, The Places We Can Go Release Challenge hosted by awaywithfairies. The author's name contains the word FRANK. Frank is an urban community in the Rocky Mountains within the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass in southwest Alberta, Canada.

Happy reading and happy traveling (when it becomes safe to do so)!

------------------------------------------------

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, March 19, 2022

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Gaithersburg Book Festival in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Monday, April 18, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (5/21/2022 UTC) at Gaithersburg Book Festival in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book in the BookCrossing booth at the 2022 Gaithersburg Book Festival in Bohrer Park, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA

---------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by Melydia at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, May 23, 2022
This was leftover at the end of the 2022 Gaithersburg Book Festival. I hope to continue its journey soon.