Toad

by Ruth Brown | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 12/29/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, December 29, 2021
I found this ex-library hardcover in this Little Free Library in Brookline NH while dropping off some books of my own. It's a nicely creepy tale of a "clammy, sticky, gooey toad, odorous oozing, foul and filthy..." Not the most prepossessing of characters, right? The illustrations show the toad in all its slimy glory, in its swampy home - and, to the attentive reader, they also show hints of a very large creature that seems to be quite interested in our toad, who's oblivious. I really enjoyed the building suspense - and the dramatic twist at the end!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Sheraton Nashua Hotel in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (9/27/2022 UTC) at Sheraton Nashua Hotel in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on a bench across from the hotel's spa-area parking lot, with a view of the pond that I think the toad might appreciate. Hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2022 You're Such an Animal challenge. ***