The Dark Circle

by Linda Grant | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingchawosowing of Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on 12/4/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingchawosowing from Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Saturday, December 4, 2021
All over Britain life is beginning again now the war is over but for Lenny and Miriam, East End London teenage twins who have been living on the edge of the law, life is suspended - they've contacted tuberculosis. It's away to the sanatorium - newly opened by the NHS - in deepest Kent for them where they will meet a very different world: among other patients, an aristocract, a young university grad, a mysterious German woman and an American merchant seaman with big ideas about love and rebellion. They are not the only ones whose lives will be changed forever.

Shortlisted for the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction 2017

Journal Entry 2 by wingchawosowing at Gafanha da Nazaré, Aveiro Portugal on Saturday, December 4, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (12/24/2021 UTC) at Gafanha da Nazaré, Aveiro Portugal

That wishlist book is part of EU Secret Santa package.
I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new Year.

... and happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Meg72 at Ílhavo, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, December 27, 2021
What a generous Secret Santa I got this year! Thank you soooooo much, chawoso, for a wishlist book I have been wanting to read for a while and all the gorgeous treats, including an Advent Calendar for next year, which, you guessed right, is a tradition I keep at home :-))))