They Both Die at the End

by Adam Silvera | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingestelle1806wing of Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on 11/22/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingestelle1806wing from Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, November 22, 2021
You have found a travelling book, enjoy it and release it!

Vous avez trouvé un livre voyageur, lisez-le et libérez-le !

Journal Entry 2 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, November 26, 2021
This is my choice for the Favourite Book of 2021 Roundabout.

I picked a YA book for a change, as I really liked this one (8* is a good rating, as I have not read anything this year for which I gave 10*).
I liked the setting, the different characters and the way the book was written. It made me think (a lot) about the future...
I hope you will all enjoy it, too. And if you don't, that's OK, too!

It will travel in the following order:
1. estelle1806 (Ireland) - Start
10. greenbadger (UK)
11. grovalskii (Germany)
12. Paulanni (Finland)
13. Fifna (Netherlands)

Journal Entry 3 by wingestelle1806wing at Book Roundabout, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Friday, November 26, 2021

Released 8 mos ago (11/26/2021 UTC) at Book Roundabout, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Starting off this Roundabout early, as posting delays are now recurring...
Travelling to mcsar, safe trip!

Please let us know when you release it again...

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, December 21, 2021
The book has arrived. I have not read the book and I look forward to reading it. I will start soon. And thanks for the cute bookmarks and Christmas ornament. 8)

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Loved it. A great pick for the roundabout. It took me a while to get used to the way the story is told, but it was worth it. I knew right from the start the two main characters were going to get some epiphany about how to live, but it was still impactful and made me think a lot too. It was a great book to start the year with.

And estelle1806, you did rate at least one book with a 10 last year. You passed that very good book on to me early in the year. 8) But this one is a great read too.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 6, 2022

Released 7 mos ago (1/6/2022 UTC) at Richmond, British Columbia Canada

Travelling to mathgirl40.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 15, 2022
This book is with me now. Looking forward to it!

Journal Entry 8 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 11, 2022
I found the premise of this book very interesting but had a hard time relating, as the ideas and the characters' reactions seemed too far fetched at times. The author does a great job of exploring the relationship between Mateo and Rufus but I would have enjoyed knowing more about the other characters too.

Thanks, estelle1806, for contributing this book to the roundabout. I plan to send this to valpete in the next few days.

Journal Entry 9 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 13, 2022

Released 6 mos ago (2/13/2022 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

This book is on its way to Valpete now.

Journal Entry 10 by valpete at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, February 19, 2022
Thanks for sending it to me. It's next on my reading list.

Journal Entry 11 by valpete at Walnut Creek, California USA on Thursday, March 3, 2022
This was a very unusual book, which kept me interested in all the new ideas and concepts. It made me wonder what I would do if I knew this was going to be last day on the earth. On to the next reader.

Journal Entry 12 by valpete at Walnut Creek, California USA on Thursday, March 3, 2022

Released 5 mos ago (3/3/2022 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Making its way across the pond.

Journal Entry 13 by wingdark-dracowing at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Received… thank you 😊

Journal Entry 14 by wingdark-dracowing at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 29, 2022
I started reading this and was immediately hooked by the premise. I wanted to know why and how Death Cast works, but the author cleverly never goes into any of that. And, I have to be honest, when I realised this wasn't going to be the standard YA SF book, where plucky teens buck the system and bring society crashing down around them, I actually started to lose a bit of interest in the whole thing.

But as I read, I became lost in the stories of these two boys. So determined to make the most of their last day, not sure exactly how and when it comes to an end, and finally finding out what it means to live. It is sad, but the title of the book warns you it will be. And I think the author was going more for a hopeful sort of view of death and how we should act, knowing that it's inevitably round the corner for us all.

Yes, as an adult reader, and an avid fan of this sort of book, I couldn't help but to compare to things like Minority Report and question whether Death Cast is self fulfilling (especially when you consider the death of Rufus' family). But the book really does work as it is and I'm glad I read it.

Released 4 mos ago (4/5/2022 UTC) at Book Roundabout , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to the next reader

Journal Entry 16 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 7, 2022
It's here.

I recognise the title but I've not read it or this author before.

Journal Entry 17 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 1, 2022
It's a bit like a mystery book but instead of figuring out who killed the deceased. You have to try and figure out how and when they'll die. Kept me guessing to the end.

I'd like to read more of this author in future.

Released 2 mos ago (6/6/2022 UTC) at Book Roundabout , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to Cross-patch.

Journal Entry 19 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Thank you. It’s here already!

Journal Entry 20 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 2, 2022
Another yoof speak book. I wish I was better at coping with the language though. It was an interesting concept, although I never got to grips with the why. In spite if this difficulty I found this to be an interesting read and I enjoyed my time with its company. I particularly enjoyed the ‘near misses’; I even started looking for them. Another good one.

Released 1 mo ago (7/2/2022 UTC) at -- By Post or by Hand--, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

And on with the journey.

Journal Entry 22 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
This is with me. Thanks for the bookplates, cross-patch.

Journal Entry 23 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, July 30, 2022
I enjoyed this, an easy read and very moving at times.

Released 2 wks ago (7/30/2022 UTC) at Book Roundabout , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Given to earthcaroleanne at the Unconvention in Newcastle.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 29th-31st July 2022

Journal Entry 25 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 30, 2022
Received from Poodlesister at the uncon. Apologies for the delay,