The Finishing School

by Muriel Spark | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 014100598x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingNakipawing of Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 11/16/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingNakipawing from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, November 16, 2021
" College Sunrise is a somewhat louche and vaguely disreputable finishing school located, for now, in Lausanne, Switzerland. Rowland Mahler and his wife, Nina, run the school as a way to support themselves while he works, somewhat falteringly, on his novel.

Into Rowland’s creative writing class comes seventeen-year-old Chris Wiley, a red-haired literary prodigy whose historical novel-in-progress, on Mary Queen of Scots, has already excited the interest of publishers. The inevitable result: keen envy, and a game of cat and mouse fraught with jealousy and attraction, both literary and sexual. "

Journal Entry 2 by wingNakipawing at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, November 18, 2021
This is a small but very enjoyable book. I started it yesterday and finished it quite fast, at a time where I'm facing a bit of trouble of getting into books. Muriel Spark writes beautifully, and the characters have depth, even though it's such a small book. I'm looking forward to reading more books from this author.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNakipawing at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (12/10/2021 UTC) at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal

Here goes this book, chosen from the VBB - Women in Fiction. I hope you enjoy it. :D

Journal Entry 4 by Meg72 at Ílhavo, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, December 27, 2021
Book has arrived safely. Thank you for sharing :-)