The Ladybird Book of Boxing Day

by Jason Hazeley | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 10/27/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, October 27, 2021
I got this UK-edition hardcover from Better World Books. It's another in the series of parody books, taking the Ladybird books-for-kids format and using illustrations from assorted children's books to provide some more adult quips on various topics. This book focuses on Boxing Day - and has some (sadly, fictional) "other titles in the series" on the back, including "Pancake Day" and "Walpurgisnacht" and "London Fashion Week".

The entries here focus on the holiday letdown that Boxing Day (the day after Christmas, for those unfamiliar with the term) might yield. One item - accompanying a cheery illustration of two kids watching a robin hop about in the snow - runs: "The inevitability of Trivial Pursuit is weighing heavily on Gaius and Napoleanne. The box only comes out once a year, and the number of family members who can remember the medalists from the 1980 Moscow Olympics is dwindling." So you get the idea!

Released 1 yr ago (12/26/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, New Searles Rd [OBCZ] in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

It's an icy day-after-Christmas, so I'm taking advantage of my own end-of-driveway Little Free Library to release books without having to get on the roads {wry grin}. And to release this one on actual Boxing Day. Hope someone enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2021 Decemberish holidays challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2021 D for December challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, February 21, 2022
I'm reclaiming this from my LFL, as it hasn't been claimed in a while. Will release it elsewhere.

Released 2 mos ago (12/3/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library, Mount Pleasant Elementary in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this rainy day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]