The Sound and the Fury

by WILLIAM FAULKNER | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingherchellewing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 10/15/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingherchellewing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 15, 2021
It is getting to that time in my like that I would like to read some of the Classics, sadly, I must confess that I have never read any of William Faulkner’s works, but I have seen the movie “The Reivers” with Steve McQueen when I was younger. I hope that this book claws its way to the top of my TBR Mountain Range soon.

The Sound and the Fury is set in Jefferson, Mississippi, in the first third of the 20th century. The novel centers on the Compson family, former Southern aristocrats who are struggling to deal with the dissolution of their family and its reputation. Over the course of the 30 years or so related in the novel, the family falls into financial ruin, loses its religious faith and the respect of the town of Jefferson, and many of them die tragically.

Thank you for catching this book and coming here to see its journal!
To me, it’s important to be sure this book is in (your!) good hands. Please, let me know that you’ve found it. I’m also interested to know what you thought of it. That’s why I ask you to re-visit the site and make another journal entry sharing your thoughts and maybe telling what kind of plans you have for it.

If you are new to BookCrossing, stay in the site a bit longer and enjoy it. You’re more than welcome to join the fun and become a member.

HAPPY READING!!!