The Secret Commonwealth

by Philip Pullman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingYthanwing of Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on 10/14/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingYthanwing from Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 14, 2021
Synopsis:

Lyra Silvertongue is now a young woman in her second year as a Oxford student. When her daemon, Pantalaimon, witnesses a murder, they are forced to navigate their relationship in a way they could never have imagined, drawn into the complex and dangerous factions of a world that they had no idea existed.

Pulled along on his own journey is Malcolm Polstead; once a boy with a boat and a mission to save a baby from the flood, now a man with a strong sense of duty and a desire to do what is right.

Both Lyra and Malcolm must travel far beyond the edges of Oxford, across Europe and into Asia, in search of what is lost - a city haunted by daemons, a secret at the heart of a desert, and the mystery of the elusive Dust.
__________________________________________________________________

Participant List:

* dolph1n
* Poodlesister
* T_richardson_x
* LittleSuz
* Shahrun
* Back to Ythan

Journal Entry 2 by wingYthanwing at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 15, 2021
Book 73 of 87, 87 books for 87 years.

In memory of my gran (Ena).

4.7.1920 - 22.12.2007.

Always in our hearts.

Journal Entry 3 by wingYthanwing at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 15, 2021
I didn't get into this one as I have done other books with Lyra. It's good to be going on adventures with Lyra at an older age but just a bit too melancholy story for me. Hoping for something a bit lighter in book 3.

Journal Entry 4 by wingYthanwing at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, October 15, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/15/2021 UTC) at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On its way to dolph1n.

Journal Entry 5 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 18, 2021
Crikey, it's a big'un. Arrived safely thank you. May take a while to read.

Journal Entry 6 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 24, 2021
I was disappointed with this. I found the first half exciting but then got bored. There were too many characters introduced for no apparent reason and I got confused as to what was going on.
I'm hoping for better things from the next one.

Journal Entry 7 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 24, 2021
I have another book for poodlesister so I will hang on to this one and send them together.

Journal Entry 8 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 25, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (11/26/2021 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Going to the next person in the ring.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, December 2, 2021
Thanks for the book spiral book and the bonus books and card. I hope I enjoy it more than Ythan and Dolph1n did!