The Cracked Spine (Scottish Bookshop, Bk 1)

by Paige Shelton | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 9/29/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 29, 2021
A hop, a skip and a jump,

she doesn't land herself in the pond
but she still gets wet.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/14/2021 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book has become part of a mini-trade! :)

May it provide some fun and entertainment with it's new reader! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, October 18, 2021
The box of trade books arrived today - many thanks for knocking off so many of my wishlist books at once! This one's from a cozy-mystery series set in a bookshop - and I have to admit that "The Cracked Spine" is an excellent (if wince-inducing) name for a secondhand book store...

Later: Rather fun, and better-written than many of these series, with a great fondness for the Scottish setting and people. We get to meet a number of characters as protagonist Delaney does, from her new boss at the bookstore to the charismatic bartender across the way. (Cozies do generally feature some kind of love-interest, and at least this one isn't a cop {wry grin}.) Oh, and there's Hamlet - yes, that's his name - a teenager who delights in performing in the local theater company, though at present he's playing Macduff.

The plot itself was, for me, a bit of a letdown, involving a rare-manuscript Macguffin and an unlikely assortment of criminals, but I did enjoy the setting and the character interactions. The series is up to seven books now, so I may dip in to see what's in store for Delaney and her new friends.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 6, 2021

Released 4 wks ago (11/6/2021 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this to the 2021 Bookish Bookbox, bookbox-journal here. (Missed the post office hours today so the box will go in the mail on Monday.) Hope someone enjoys the book!

*** Released for the 2021 The The challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2021 Keep Them Moving challenge. ***

Journal Entry 5 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Monday, November 22, 2021
Received in the Bookish Bookbox

Journal Entry 6 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, November 26, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (11/26/2021 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA