Big Fat Mouth

by Barbara Park | Children's Books |
Registered by Flyinfox of Elizabeth, New Jersey USA on 9/28/2021
Journal Entry 1 by Flyinfox from Elizabeth, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
First Junie B. Jones book I have read. I am not a fan. Based on this book, I am not surprised as to why our kids are the way they are.

This is a story about how Junie B. Jones needed to overcome the dilemma as to what she wanted to be when she grew up, for her school's "Job Day". I am not going to give out spoilers by giving away the ending. If you truly want to know what happened you will have to read it for yourself.

What I will say is that I really did not like Junie B. Jones as a character. I found her spoiled, self absorbed and disrespectful. Also, based on what I read in this book I totally understand where kids learn to speak Wal-Mart. Junie B. Jones' parents are the type that do not pay attention to their child either. One day they would wake up and wonder how it is that Junie B. Jones amounted to nothing and became poor white trash.

I feel that books make an impression on young kids. Often times they imitate characters and behaviors that are outlined in books. The age old premise is true that if it is written, it must be true....and kids soak that up.

The author is trying to pass off Junie B. Jones as cute. And it's not working, in my opinion.

Journal Entry 2 by Flyinfox at Elizabeth, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (9/29/2021 UTC) at Elizabeth, New Jersey USA

Gave it to the daughter of a good friend who is into the Juni B. Jones series....