Favorite Celtic Fairy Tales

by Joseph Jacobs | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 9/24/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, September 24, 2021
"Experience the whimsy, charm and magic of the Celtic imagination in this captivating collection of timeless stories that have enchanted generations of youngsters and adults.
Among the eight popular tales included here are "The Fate of the Children of Lir", a haunting narrative of four children turned into swans by a wicked stepmother;"The Shepherd of Muddvai", in which a beautiful woman, risen from the sea, orders her husband-to-be to observe certain rules, and "Beth Gellert", a touching tale of a brave dog that dies after saving a child's life. Five additional stories include "The Tale of Ivan", "Morraha", "The Story of Deirdre", "The Llanfabon Changeling", and "The Sea-Maiden".

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/13/2021 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today in my parcel for my partner in the Samhain / Medieval Exchange, which many Halloweenish-Celtic goodies.

Journal Entry 3 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Monday, November 1, 2021
One book of my Samhain present 2021 from Spain, which reached me with some spooky stuff.
I love fairy tales!