The Blind Man's Garden

by Nadeem Aslam | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingApoloniaXwing of Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on 9/23/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingApoloniaXwing from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Thursday, September 23, 2021
Blurb:
From the author of Maps for Lost Lovers comes a searing, exquisitely written novel set in Pakistan and Afghanistan in the months following 9/11 - a story of war, of one family's losses, and of the simplest, most enduring human impulses.
Jeo and Mikal, foster-brothers from a small Pakistani city, secretly enter Afghanistan: not to fight with the Taliban, but to help and care for wounded civilians. But it soon becomes apparent that good intentions can't keep them out of harm's way...
From the wilds of Afghanistan to the heart of the family left behind - their blind father haunted for years by the death of his wife, by the mistakes he may have made in the name of Islam and nationhood, Jeo's steadfast wife and her superstitious mother - Aslam's prose takes us on an extraordinary journey.
*******
Brilliant! A pageturner, looking behind the scenes of war and black & white world views.

Journal Entry 2 by wingApoloniaXwing at Gesundbrunnen, Berlin Germany on Thursday, December 2, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (12/2/2021 UTC) at Gesundbrunnen, Berlin Germany

Beim gemeinsamen Spaziergang im Humboldthain weitergegeben.
Hope you like it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 3 by winggrovalskiiwing at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, December 3, 2021
Ha, my bookshelf will break one of these days, but how can I say no to a book, especially when it comes highly recommended? Thank you so much, ApoloniaX! Also for the lovely walk in the park. :)