The Miseducation of Evie Epworth

by Matson Taylor | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9781471190834 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingmissmarkeywing of Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 9/12/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingmissmarkeywing from Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 12, 2021
This book is going on a bookray before the UK Zoom Uncon when Matson Taylor will be a guest author. Starting off with Poodlesister. Hope you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 12, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (9/12/2021 UTC) at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Bookray. Going first to Poodlesister.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, September 16, 2021
This looks like a fun read. Thanks for sharing and I will send in as quickly as possible. Love the White Rabbit card too.

Bookring
MsPitstop1 - read
Plum-Crazy - read
rahar109 - here
Fifna
???
Back to MissMarkey

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, October 9, 2021
A good fun read. Can't wait for the next in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, October 9, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (10/9/2021 UTC) at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to MsPitstop1 to continue the bookray / ring

Journal Entry 6 by MsPitstop1 at Carshalton, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, November 7, 2021
A quirky easy read now continuing it's bookray journey up to West Yorkshire

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 12, 2021
Nice surprise to find this popping through my letterbox today. Will start once I've finished my current read.

Journal Entry 8 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 22, 2021
I have to admit that initially I didn’t think I was going to warm to this as the humour felt a bit forced to me, trying too hard to be funny rather than letting it flow naturally - & I wasn’t impressed with the early encounter with a cow!
However, I thought the author did quite well at capturing Evie’s insecurities, dreams & worries & it was hard not to be a bit charmed by her. The other characters are quite stereotypical, Christine, in particular, was the archetype of the wicked step-mother...or stepmother-to-be in this case…& was a pretty appalling person but the snide remarks between her & Evie could be amusing.

Overall, it was a reasonable, easy read but sillier than I was expecting.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPlum-crazywing at By mail / post / courier, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, November 25, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/26/2021 UTC) at By mail / post / courier, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to rahar109

Journal Entry 10 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, November 29, 2021
Arrived this morning, thank you.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, December 6, 2021
I found this a little slow to get going, and some of the characters were a bit cardboard cut-out, but overall a light-hearted and amusing read.

Off to Fifna next.

Journal Entry 12 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Evie has arrived safely, thanks rahar109! I had to do battle with Customs and the postal service who were holding her to ransom, but she got here in the end.

Journal Entry 13 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, January 7, 2022
A funny and charming story to lift the spirits on a dreary January day! I'll be looking out for the next book about Evie. Thanks for sharing!